• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

15 x 10 on first gen?

Andrew.V

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 fx4 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Hi I'm thinking of putting 15 x 10 rims on the rear of my lowered 1988 3 in the front and 4 in the rear I'm thinking sve drag rims they have a customer pic of a second gen with them on the owner says fit with some trick does anyone have any guesses as to what he means. I'm thinking chrome ones. any help is appreciated (I cant find anything about lowered rangers in the search bar)

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-10071652/Mustang-SVE-Drag-Wheel-15X10-Gloss-Black-94-04

87351ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have these wheels on my 87 ranger, https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-531-5165b25/overview/
Also running a 295/50/15 tire. It will not fit because of the leaf spring, wheelwell is good still have a couple of inches clearance. I moved my springs to under the frame and flipped the axle also move spring perches, shock mounts inward. Made brackets for the springs. Still has the same ride height as before. Wheels do not stick out

Andrew.V

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 fx4 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks that sounds like a bit more work than I'm willing to do and past my current skill range. Cant weld good enough that I would put my life on the line for cant afford to get someone to weld it I live in an oil town $$$. guees I'll go with the 15 x 8's that were my back up option would these fit?https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/uwc-571-5866p/overview/
thanks

87351ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I was wrong about the fitment. looks like it will fit but be very close. Wheel combo I have does not stick out, right at the wheel lip so being lowered you would hit the outer edge. Straight edge on the original spring perch shows how close it can be, maybe 1/2". Pics for reference.

Attachments

Last edited:

Andrew.V

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 fx4 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the pics they really bring it to form that's prity close, there probably even close when on the ground. compared the two rims and the ones I was looking at have 1/4 inch less back spacing witch would make the inner fender rubbing worse. probibly just going to order the 8 inch wide's to be safe don't want to start pulling my fenders. That fab work on the hangers looks awesome and you're engine bay looks way cleaner then mine.
thanks again

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
>>>>>

I used Factory 01 Explorer front mounts & made rear shackle mounts on rear similar to yours on my 94 and am able to run 15x12 with 7.5" backspacing with 28x15.50 tires. I also have a narrowed 00 Explorer 8.8 also.....

You are able to see the setup on the link to pics in my sig VVV.

Kool build BTW!

Last edited:

Cultofeye

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Any pics of the 15x8 setup? Would love to see it

Andrew.V

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 fx4 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Hi I will take some pics this weekend and try and figure out how to post pics. I put 295/50R15 BFG radial T/A's I have the same amount of clearance as 87351ranger would of to the factory leafs but ? I get a nice old school looking side wall bulge with 15x8's still clear my inner fenders just have the small inner lip folded up. You'll see when I post pics I like the way it looks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals