• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

03 ranger M122 swap tuning

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My ranger is an 03 with 97 Mercury mountaineer 5.0 (GT-40) and it's still obd2 and fuel injected so my question is, if I bought an SCT tuner could I send them a list of things I'll be adding along with the blower like throttle body, injectors to get a custom supercharger tune or would I still need to tow it to get tuned at a dyno? Cause the closest one to my area is about 2 1/2 hours away and it's a shit load of money. The only reason I ask is I've been wanting a SCT for awhile anyways to delete EGR and auto trans settings to try and get my speedometer working again with the T-5. It worked when it was auto but acts crazy when plugged into the T-5. I know why and it might not work anyways but I would like to know anything useful about these tuners. Thanks

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Most SCT tuners can accommodate what you want in a custom tune. It might not be perfect, but it will probably be fairly close. From there, they may be willing to do some tuning via email to get things closer but that depends on the guy your dealing with.

A dyno tune in person really is the best option though. You could easily spend more time trying to handle the tuning through email than you would just driving there and spending the cash for a couple of hours on the rollers.

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the reply. I've probably made 5 posts in the few years I've been on here and usually never get an answer at all. But I did talk to a guy at SCT today and I'm just gonna take it to get tuned and put the money I was gonna spend torwards the dyno. Sucks though cause that'll be months down the road and I wanna adjust a few things now lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals