• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got a girls number.....now what???

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Well saw this girl a few times and well the other night I went to a party and tonight after work (she was there along with a friend who are friends with my manager) went outside to start my truck and scrape the windshield and found a number on a peice of reciept paper under my windshield wiper (assuming its the girl Im thinking about) and it says "Call me sexy" along with her number but no name. Now I dont know much about her but that how stuff starts, get to know them better. I have had other girlfriends (four others to be exact) but never got a number to call or had a situation like this. I know it sounds weird to call straight up tomorrow but that sounds like the thing to do?

Basiclly Im asking for good advise, not to just get in bed with somebody. Being 22, I hate jumping around with no luck. I usually say all the wrong things or dont know what to say but I think thats just who I am (saddly).

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
jesus i've never had it that easy..i had to hunt them down the old fashioned way, never had one hunt me lol...call her up dude and find out what she wants to do is your only option, and when you two are hanging out, if you think that you are about to say something stupid, STOP! think about what you are about to say for 10 seconds, if she notices the silence just shake it off and say something like,"sorry i lost my train of staring at the beautiful young lady sitting across from me." Works every time...

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Call but don't be obsessive about it. (Meaning if she don't answer don't continue to call until she answers or leave a hundred messages they don't like someone who is attached to them.) I would wait till noon- 1:30 to call. If no answer try again in a half hour to a hour maybe she was sleepin or in the shower. If no answer again try the next day. then I wold wait 3 or 4 days if no answer then I would give up or look for her at another party.

If she does answer and if she really likes you she should be waiting with phone in hand. Start talking casualy like it was a old buddie from high school find out what she likes movie wise, and what she likes to eat invite her to dinner and a movie. most girls love someting girly but I'd try something like a love/ action movie. Make sure there plonty of conversation don't want to make her board. If a second date occers go with something a little more fun say offroading, followed by a party or drinking, or what ever she likes to do. I would say if all goes well after that you should be on a good path.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I have read that you don't take them to a movie or do stuff that doesn't allow for much talking. But for being winter, kinda hard to do stuff out outside. As far as going wheeling, I have yet to do that myself and test my truck in such stuff that I plan on putting it through. I will hopefully have my new wheels on by next week and then after that see what it can do.

My thing was I have never had the nerve or the guts to ask a girl, hope this breaks the ice a bit. Good thing is I know her age so that's a bit easier on me you could say.

Keep the advice comming, I need all the help I can get.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I have read that you don't take them to a movie or do stuff that doesn't allow for much talking. But for being winter, kinda hard to do stuff out outside. As far as going wheeling, I have yet to do that myself and test my truck in such stuff that I plan on putting it through. I will hopefully have my new wheels on by next week and then after that see what it can do.

My thing was I have never had the nerve or the guts to ask a girl, hope this breaks the ice a bit. Good thing is I know her age so that's a bit easier on me you could say.

Keep the advice comming, I need all the help I can get.
Yep thats why you take'em out to dinner too a nice sit down place. like Olive Garden, craker barrel, bravo, etc... somewhere quite and relaxing.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Basiclly Im asking for good advise, not to just get in bed with somebody. Being 22, I hate jumping around with no luck. I usually say all the wrong things or dont know what to say but I think thats just who I am (saddly).
Were you being yourself up to this point? if so then that's what got her attention. Don't think about what to say or what not to say anymore than you normally do. just be you.

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dude call her up shoot the shit for a while then ask her if she would like to go for a coffee or something and then after coffee go for a drive and shoot the shit i know what you mean about the whole winter thing i got the samething going on right now but you just gotta make the best out of it and keep her smiling! and plus since she left you her phone number 10 to one its going to be easy to talk to her the hard part is over... or still to come hehehehe jk good luck dude!

MNBen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Some advice says to call w/ in 24 hours. Do you know her name??

I hate to put any doubt on the situation but what if is not the girl your thinking of? Then I would suggest you ask the person you called about the person you are interesed in. After being out of the loop for 20 years My approach was. Hi I have seen you around and kind of admire you. I was wondering if you would like to go out and get to know each other a little better? And that is exactly what we did, get to know each other. Age, parents, Siblings, music, What station is her radio tuned to. So go somewhere to exchange information like a restaurant. If your a drinker, have only one w/ a glass of water to be responsible. At the end of the date, ask if you can call her again and then do not wait more than 3 days. Good Luck.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just chat her up bubba. I'd start off texting and go from there. You can be a little braver that way.

t0x1k

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slo
Transmission
Automatic
Call her. Cause what if it's some fat chick, or a dude?
Never text, it's lazy as hell.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
yea call her...the pimp tyte ranger swag strikes again

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Call her. If she doesn't pick up leave a message. If she doesn't call back wait two days and call one last time and leave another message. If she does pick up or call back remember she has the interest in you so don't kiss her ass- just be you. For a date I prefer the simple cheap ones- take her to an animal shelter and play with the animals for a bit, then maybe a walk in the park- most chicks really like animals and it shows your sensitivity. Take her out to eat later so she knows you're not a complete tight-ass. Ask questions and let her talk about herself mostly, if she asks u stuff keep your answers brief... good luck! Lucky bastard!! I've never been pursued by a (good looking) chick either.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
are you sure its not just a buddy screwing with you? otherwise call her up and take her out somewhere nice show her your serious but not too serious or desperate

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
i think you should wait till the end of the week...cuz girls like assholes...its the truth

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree with Boggin...that would be something that I would do to someone, but then again it could be her so pick up then phone and call her! Might be worth it.

Steve

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals