• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just a reminder to change your oil.

Rico

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I changed the oil in my 1979 f150 4x4 today. This includes the engine,tranny, front and rear diffs., and tranfer case. Long story short I took out 6 gallons of oil and 8 gallons went in. :shok: I had no idea there was so much. If you've ever wondered if you should change the oil in the diffs or transfer case you should. They were the worst ones with low, milky, and even sludgey oil. The transmission had a thick grey sludge on the bottom of the pan too. I feel better now that that crap is out of my truck.

cr_the_machinist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, people don't realize that stuff breaks down after a while.

MikeWild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Change my OIL?????? I suppose next you'll tell me I have to put gas in the thing too! :D

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
every once in a while i have to fill the bottle that pee's on my windshield ..:icon_rofl:with the sloppy weather i'm wondering why it's allways empty....:icon_confused:

GoodysGotaCuda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Trans will always have some build up in the trans. Part of the deal with autos. But many people never ever change the fluid in their diff!

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
When I buy vehicles I usually do a full lube "flush". I really only change the read differental fluid when I get a new vehicle, or go thru water.

I'ved changed my manual transmission fluid twice, giving it a good chance to remove as many metal shavings as possible(and easier shifts).

I change my motor oil every 4,000 miles in the WINTER. In the summer I usually wait until I got 8k before changing(I use synthetic and oil filter magnets)

The reason I do this, condensation is much more likely during the winter, gotta keep the water out of the oil.

I lube my steering components about twice a year. When I do the brakes I also pack the front bearings.

...that's about it, hope I didn't bore you.

Ronv

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers S
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
All in fun but be sure to change your auto transmission ,"filter" when you change your tran. oil. A lot of places will pump out the oil in the trans and not do the filter. ;)

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I change my motor oil every 4,000 miles in the WINTER. In the summer I usually wait until I got 8k before changing(I use synthetic and oil filter magnets)

The reason I do this, condensation is much more likely during the winter, gotta keep the water out of the oil.
The water boils out.

1slow5oh

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
I hope you dident put oil in all of those...... JK

Thanks for the reminder.....but my chevy changes itself. It leaks about a quart about every 300 miles....haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals