• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
alright, i know-- i need to get out and shoot and see what I feel comfortable w. and i have.. i just wanna hear and see the pistols that yall carry and WHY DO YOU PREFER THAT ONE.

my personal favorite right now is the springfield xd .45.. but i don't have one yet. i've just turned 21 back in june and need to go get my CCP. and plan on buying one after that probably. i've carried a s&w .357 revolver before.

what types of holsters do yall prefer? i'm 5'5" and 150 lbs so, its hard for me to conceal carry a decent sized gun. i need some help to figure that out.

whats your opinion on carrying a .380? i feel its a little small caliber but, i'm sure it will stop a person lol. my mom carrys a bersa .380. GREAT GUN, for the price. i've never had it jam on me, and its about as accurate as you'd expect a little compact .380 to be.

add your input, with pics.. lets start a carry pistol thread :icon_bounceblue:

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I have a SR9 love the gun fits and feels great in my hand, but hard to CC in the summer. I am 5'9"
I am looking at a LC9 much smaller, but still a 9mm and still fits nicely in my hand.
From what i have seen i would not carry anything smaller than a 9mm in the winter.
.380 seems pretty easy to stop unless you go ++p, thats kinda hot for a all around small gun.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i have not even thought about the ruger's... hm... i'm gonna go by a few local shops tomorrow and look at pistols. i forgot about rugers all together lol

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I love Rugers, great customer service, and life time warranty.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have heard good things about the .40 S&W, kinda in between the 9mm and the .45acp for power. My cousin's boyfriend has one, he loves it.

If I where to carry it would be between that and the .45.

I have only shot one .380, if they were all like that one they wouldn't be very popular. It was a cheap Davis, so I wouldn't recomend one of those.

Last edited:

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I hope Canada has Concealed(or open) carry one day.
I think both would be ideal.

I'd prefer a compact 1911, but don't have any experience with anything but 1911s.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i love the 1911's. but wouldn't wanna carry one. i can't really explain it.. i just like the feel of the xd more

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My normal carry gun is a Glock 36. Light, compact and packs the punch of a 7 shot (with on in the pipe) 45. If I feel the need for something more compact, I have a KelTec P-11. 12 rounds of 9mm in a smaller package than the Glock. If I'm feeling particularly surly I have a Springfield V-10 1911 clone with a double stack mag for 11 rounds of 45 on board. I like them all. The KelTec is my least favorite but is uber concealable.

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
alright, i know-- i need to get out and shoot and see what I feel comfortable w. and i have.. i just wanna hear and see the pistols that yall carry and WHY DO YOU PREFER THAT ONE.

my personal favorite right now is the springfield xd .45.. but i don't have one yet. i've just turned 21 back in june and need to go get my CCP. and plan on buying one after that probably. i've carried a s&w .357 revolver before.

what types of holsters do yall prefer? i'm 5'5" and 150 lbs so, its hard for me to conceal carry a decent sized gun. i need some help to figure that out.

whats your opinion on carrying a .380? i feel its a little small caliber but, i'm sure it will stop a person lol. my mom carrys a bersa .380. GREAT GUN, for the price. i've never had it jam on me, and its about as accurate as you'd expect a little compact .380 to be.

add your input, with pics.. lets start a carry pistol thread :icon_bounceblue:
I'm in the same boat, turned 21 back in June and am looking for a carry gun. I'v been finger ****ing a Kimber Tactical Pro II 1911

But I'm a little hesitant on "pulling the trigger" on a Kimber. Kimber has a reputation. They are either the best gun someone has ever bought or they are the worst piece of shit not suitable to be a paper weight and would make John Browning roll over in his grave. There is no middle ground, and being my luck I will get a piece of shit one.

Compact and sub Compact 1911's are more prone to jamming, FTF, FTE, and stove piping. They(all brands here) typically require extensive tuning to be 99% reliable. The reason for this is simple, Mr. Browning did not design the 1911 as a compact or sub compact gun. Don't **** with perfection.:icon_twisted:

Few other guns I'v been contemplating.
H&K USP. This thing feels top heavy, but it is one of the sweetest guns I have ever shot.

Sig P220. Great gun but this thing feels weird in my hand.

IWI Baby Eagle. This thing fits my hand like a glove. It is the sweetest shooting pistol I have ever shot. My problem, California. It is not on the approved handgun list, so it is harder then hell to get one in Commiefornia.:annoyed:
If I can get my hands on one of these, this will be my carry gun.

I carry my Ruger Super Black Hawk loaded with Buffalo bore +P+ Hardcast Heavy Magnums while out in the sticks, wheelin', camping, etc.

Check this out. It is a different look at handgun caliber stopping power.
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7866

-Jester

Last edited:

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hard to beat kel-tec P-9 for value,concealability and cost of ammo, 9shot 9mm

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I have a S&W Sigma 9mm. When I work at night I take with to sites. I smooth trigger pull does not require a lot to pull it back.

WisRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm in Wisconsin so I cannot conceal yet. Nov. 1st is when we will be able to start submitting CCW apps. I do however open carry a Glock 19 right now. Midsize 9mm with a 15 round magazine. My carry ammo is GD 124+p. I do have a holster from Comp-tac and have done some fitting with it. I'm 5'10" 185lbs and I have no problem concealing it. I also use IWB/OWB kydex holsters from Raven Concealment and Atomic Dog and they are flippin amazing. My biggest sell on Glocks is that I know that it will go bang when I need it to no matter what.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i'm in the process of aquiring a sig p226. i had 2 fraternity brothers in college that had them. great gun, very accurate even at long range. either a 9mm or .40.....havent decided yet. i have a family friend that works for Sig and can get me any sig firearm at 12% off dealer cost as long as i can find someone with an FFL, which shouldnt be too hard. after that i'll be getting my C.C. from another local gun store that does the class once or twice a month. there's too many wacko's these days to go too far from home without a gun.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My biggest sell on Glocks is that I know that it will go bang when I need it to no matter what.
This day in age if a firearm can't do that in needs to be melted down.

I drag a '58 Remington C&B through the woods with me when I am deer hunting in a gun season, at the end of the day before I go home it always goes bang. BTW I open carry with a Triple K US Calvery holster to protect the gun, everything but the bottom of the grip is covered. I don't carry it so much for defense but sometimes a 20ga shotgun that is sighted in for 80 yards is too much... and as long as I carry that 3lb hunk of iron I have never needed it so it works for me.

I do want to get a Ruger Vaquero in .45LC so I don't have to clean the dang thing every night though.

Last edited:

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
XD .40 sub compact. Great gun. Never had any issues with it jamming or anything. It comes with a 12 round magazine with grip extension and a flush mount 9 round. You can get pinky grips to go on the 9 round ones. I need to get a holster and have heard nothing but awesome things about Cross Breed Supertucks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals