• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Djm pinch bolt clearance?

alexp11

09/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Already had one bolt get sheared and the other stripped on torquing. Now I'm in here again and I see this one is about gone too as well as the caliper bracket bolt. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Those beams weren't designed with a steering stop. From what I understand a some people have devised their own. IIRC some have welded stops to the beams, and others have used longer bolts in various places to serve the purpose.

What steering knuckles are you using? 89-94 style with clip mount calipers, or 95-97 style with bolt on calipers?

On the latter style, I recall that some used a longer bolt and a jam nut in place of the lower caliper bracket bolt to create an adjustable bump stop. IIRC it was a member on RPS that came up with this one.

I also seem to recall that some one drilled out the clamp point on that beam to remove the threads, and then used a longer bolt and nut with the nut where the head is at now. The extra threaded length of the bolt acted as a bump stop. I can't recall any real details about this one, or where I saw it.

alexp11

09/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the input. It's the 2 piston style. But it seems like it doesn't even take that much steering travel to hit. I'll have to look at it again when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals