• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help please - question re. Ranger wheel bearings

rob-g

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi all,

I have a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 that needs the front wheel bearings replaced.

Is there a difference between a left-hand drive and a right-hand drive?
I'm in Australia so any parts I can purchase are for right-hand drives. The car I have was bought in America and is a left-hand drive.

Or does someone know where I could buy the right part and get it shipped to Australia?

Thanks,

Rob

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
as far as the wheel bearings, I wouldn't think LHD or RHD would make much difference. I could see it making huge differences in the steering rack and axle setup, but the wheel bearings are not side-specific, the only difference in the 4WD bearings is if you have 2wheel ABS or 4 wheel ABS.

Hope that helps, cuz shipping those 4wd bearing hubs to AUS is expensive. you'd be looking at $150 AUD for the two hubs and $150 AUD for the shipping. buy locally my friend!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
My concern would be whether or not the RHD cars in your country are actually the same vehicle as yours (there have historically been very different Ranger models sold in various parts of the globe, and from what I understand, American-made ones are unique to the Americas.

I would suggest that if your local RHD Rangers have the same 5x4.5" (5x114.3) wheel bolt pattern like yours does, it might be worth looking into buying the bearing units locally. Just be sure to take your old ones in with you if possible so you can compare them.

Otherwise... I think www.rockauto.com ships internationally. Ebay might be another source for U.S.-spec bearings as well (I see items from Australia available here in the US on Ebay, so I would think the reverse is also true).

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals