• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 ranger radio harness missing

daduke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
im trying to put a radio back into my 86 ranger, but theres no wiring left. A previous owner cut/unplugged the radio harness out of it and I can find no remnants of it. is there a plug somewhere under the dash for a radio sub-harness or am I going to have to run all new power wiring/? id like to put it back original.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
75 87 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351W , 2.9L , 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My first Ranger was a 84 (i think ), 4cyl , 2wd , cable company truck that had no radio just a black plastic plate where the radio was supposed to be , i never did get to put a radio in it , A S10 T-boned me running a red light the 2nd week i had it on the road.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
Are you sure it ever had one? I had an 86 that clearly never had a radio or any of the wiring for it. I searched the entire dash harness for any wires that matched the colors in the Haynes manual and found nothing. There wasn't even a wire sticking out of the back of the fuse panel for the radio fuse.

daduke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I know a little late to be replying but I found it. I was rooting around in the dash working on my heater today and found it taped to the bottom of the cubby over the glove box

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals