• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello From, Oregon!

JonRanger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hello I have just purchased an 1991 Ford Ranger 2.9l 4X4 couple day's ago with 142,000 miles. :yahoo: I look forward to learning lot's from the forums!

JonRanger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Eastern Oregon

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Never attribute to malice things that are better explained by stupidity.
Welcome! I love Oregon. I can't wait to get back to Cave Junction next year. (Hopefully in my completed Turboranger lol) This is a great forum...I pulled so much info for my build on this site that I felt compelled to join.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome

I went to U of O and lived in Eugene for 10 years total, Oregon's a great place

Napabandit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I grew up in Eastern Oregon, Ione to be exact. Went to OSU... Go Beavers! Now I'm living in Napa, CA. Great weather, but screwed up gun laws.

JonRanger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcomed! I been reading the provided information on this site's forum to work on my new (to me) 1991 Ranger that I too felt compelled to join the forum.

Last edited:

JonRanger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Moving in less then a week to Anchorage, Alaska. My wife and I, are driving the 1991 Ranger XLT 2.9 4x4 all the way there from Oregon! I'm confident in the trucks abilities to make it. Bye Oregon and Hello Alaska!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That should be a very nice trip, not sure about the move, lol, a little cold that far north for me :)

Take Flat repair stuff, air pump, extra fan belts, coolant and oil; duct tape and bailing wire :)

Just a heads up about Canadian boarder, have Passports or "enhanced drivers license", for everyone.
Since I assume you will have some home stuff with you, they will give you the once over since they may think you are trying to move to Canada illegally, if you have emails or other documents providing a reason for the move to Alaska, print them to show the officers.
If you have pets they/you need proof of vaccinations.
You can bring long guns but need documentation, NO hand guns are allowed, ship it UPS.
If you have ever been convicted of a criminal offense they can refuse entry, DUI conviction is almost an automatic refusal, no matter how long ago it happened, but you can get a travel permit(ministers permit) ahead of time, this can take a few months, and a few $$.
If you lie about anything and get caught at it, you will be taking the auto ferry to Alaska.
Bellingham, Washington(20min south of the border) to Alaska auto ferries sail every Friday year-round, 1 truck with 2 people(1 cabin) runs about $4,000, takes about 5 days.

I am just speaking from what I think is correct, call Canadian border services and talk to them for exact info on doing a transit thru Canada, I would hate for you to get stuck at the border, Canada is a nice place, but Border Guards can be anal about the rules, that goes for US border guards as well.

Last edited:

JonRanger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
That should be a very nice trip, not sure about the move, lol, a little cold that far north for me :)

Take Flat repair stuff, air pump, extra fan belts, coolant and oil; duct tape and bailing wire :)

Just a heads up about Canadian boarder, have Passports or "enhanced drivers license", for everyone.
Since I assume you will have some home stuff with you, they will give you the once over since they may think you are trying to move to Canada illegally, if you have emails or other documents providing a reason for the move to Alaska, print them to show the officers.
If you have pets they/you need proof of vaccinations.
You can bring long guns but need documentation, NO hand guns are allowed, ship it UPS.
If you have ever been convicted of a criminal offense they can refuse entry, DUI conviction is almost an automatic refusal, no matter how long ago it happened, but you can get a travel permit(ministers permit) ahead of time, this can take a few months, and a few $$.
If you lie about anything and get caught at it, you will be taking the auto ferry to Alaska.
Bellingham, Washington(20min south of the border) to Alaska auto ferries sail every Friday year-round, 1 truck with 2 people(1 cabin) runs about $4,000, takes about 5 days.

I am just speaking from what I think is correct, call Canadian border services and talk to them for exact info on doing a transit thru Canada, I would hate for you to get stuck at the border, Canada is a nice place, but Border Guards can be anal about the rules, that goes for US border guards as well.
Right on! Thanks for the heads up on the border. I figured they would want to do a once over on my truck and belongings. My wife and I, have no criminal history nor DUI/DUII and already have our passports. I'll get work documents that state my work transfer from Oregon to Alaska as proof. Thank you for the advice and helpful tips.

red7878

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey im new how do i post my own forum i have questions i need answered about my 87 4x4

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals