• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

people keep telling me

faststang90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
at the track people keep telling me to go fast put a ls motor in it. we red lighted but I don't think he would have beat us. his truck was a 5.3 ls motor with a 100 shot.

https://youtu.be/EFFEymSFlQw

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't put no Chevy in a beautiful Ford. I'm going to find me a 1970-73 camaro and put a Ford in it for my next project

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Don't put no Chevy in a beautiful Ford.
Those of us who care about the shortest distance to achieve performance will always use Chevy motors. . .don't listen to him.

Chris102371

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ford motors make just as much power and more than a crappy chevy.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Ford motors make just as much power and more than a crappy chevy.
"More" . . . "Crappy". . ?

Inch-for-inch, and dollar for dollar. . .?

So "as much"-sure I'll give you that. . .but with the asterisk of "not for the same dollars"

"More" ?
Any motor, a lawn mower engine even can make any amount of power. It's the dollars needed to accomplish it that makes the difference. Ford engines cost more to get power out of, and that's an undeniable fact.

"Crappy" . . ?
Yeah chevy produced engines for the last 2 decades that couldn't even keep spark plugs in because some combination of design, material quality, and manufacturing just sucked so bad that the spark plug threads rip out for no reason. . . Wait, that was ford.

Last edited:

skiboarder

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
"More" . . . "Crappy". . ?

Inch-for-inch, and dollar for dollar. . .?

So "as much"-sure I'll give you that. . .but with the asterisk of "not for the same dollars"

"More" ?
Any motor, a lawn mower engine even can make any amount of power. It's the dollars needed to accomplish it that makes the difference. Ford engines cost more to get power out of, and that's an undeniable fact.

"Crappy" . . ?
Yeah chevy produced engines for the last 2 decades that couldn't even keep spark plugs in because some combination of design, material quality, and manufacturing just sucked so bad that the spark plug threads rip out for no reason. . . Wait, that was ford.
I have a chevy 350 in a ford. I wouldnt change my decision for anything. It will soon have a tuned port injection. yea!!!!

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Screw what those people think, same goes for the chebby luvers in this thread. Build want you want and damned the rest.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Who ever is telling you that,they are right! The 5.3 and ependin4.8 are cheap and plentiful.. But I would never stick a gm in a ford. Them motors only need a turbo and they are brutally fast! I know all about these motors.. Was on he s10 wagon for years, still like them actually. But on to b and be aetter things.

I was fixing to build a Ls6 6 speed s10. Then I woke up! The amount of money it would take for it to be done right is over $15000 I would have in that truck, an s10. You will NEVER get your money back and. Be a Will continuous money pit. 8 out of 10 people who build and Ls. based motor ,Sell it! With the EFI V8 5 SPEED RANGER, depending on if I bottle feed it or supercharge it.. Could be done for couple thsound bucks and have a blast and be a fun everyday driver

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals