• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

no dash lights/burning wires.

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
the truck is a 86 B2 with 9in and a 302 conversion (sloppy wiring) its carbed so i had a ton of left over crap. trying to get the radio wired and get dash lights to work.

So i had no dash lights then one day they just turned on they were on for about 2mins. then while driving noticed burning smell stopped and noticed that the wires from the fuse panel to the main light switch were burnt and damaged. I had never had dash lights before for whatever reason then they came on one day then they burnt the wires... so i replaced the burnt wires i could find with heavier wire and went searching couldnt find anything and so turned them back on and again outside lights all perfect and no dash lights again... no idea why this is happpeneing somebody help? maybe being grounded somewhere? maybe a diagram of the wires from the fuse panel to the main light switch plus function or even a fuse panel diagram would help since they seem to be hard to find. thanks guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals