• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 bumpervalance

97LowRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
so i want my 97 to have this bumper from a 98 4x4 problem is i cannot find one at junk yards, my question is does any 98 bumper work with this valence? cause i can find the valance online and normal 98 bumpers at jy (not 4x4) would they work? i can probably find fog lights online and brackets thanks

31881900002_large.jpg

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The bumpers should be identical for 2wd and 4wd trucks. The lower valance is what changed. The bumpers came in chrome, body color, and gray finish depending on the trim level of the truck.

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Just going to throw this out there for info. 1998 bumper will not bolt up to a 1997 frame. Different frame and brackets with the front end revision in 1998.

As for the 1998 bumper itself yes 2wd and 4wd its the same bumper just the valance is different.

97LowRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
I think its on another forum but going through google i found that using the 97 brackets flipped and on the opposite side plus making some new holes it will fit.

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
1998 bumpers bolt head on to the end of the frame rail with bolts facing forward. 1997 bumpers bolt up with the bracket sitting flush with the side of the frame rail and bolts going through sideways.

Take a look at yours and the 1998 and up you are looking at. Youll see how different they are and the amount of work it would take to make one fit the other.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals