• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Throttle lagging, major loss of power and acceleration

m_c_campbell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Recently my 93 v6 has lost nearly all its power, to the point of almost stalling every time I start moving from a dead stop, and it takes all 5 gears just to get up to 45 mph. Doesn't seem like the clutch is slipping, cleaned out the air system, cleaned MAF sensor, put injector cleaner in at least 3 times, and put in a new fuel filter. No change. Any suggestions? Bad spark plugs maybe?

01b3000ds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Yikes! how is it running otherwise? sounds like it's choking on something, somewhere
I would start looking at a clogged catalytic converter.

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual

m_c_campbell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
when it first cranks up it idles a little low, but stays right around 1k rpm after the first 10 seconds or so. Don't have a reader out my house to check what codes it's kicking out.

Texas-B4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
252cid 4.0l OHV
Transmission
Manual
I've had this recently in my truck if you are using a K & N or reusable filter that uses and oil base cleaner you need to take out the filter and thoroughly clean it and allow it to completely dry if you using a paper filter such as Fram Bosch or Motorcraft see if it's extremely dirty if so swap it out with a new one the problem itself it's not the filter but can be causing the problem it is what's behind the filter which is the air ambient sensor which is located on the intake holes just past the airbox before replacing your sensor this part needs to be clean extremely carefully and delicately and very is a very sensitive sensor symptoms of the sensor not working properly is no check engine light because the problem is intermittent which means the vehicle is not detecting a problem also sometimes making bucking, hesitating, surging and total loss of power the purpose of a sensor is to measure that outside air temperature an air flow into the engine so the fuel injectors will know how much fuel to inject into the engine you gotta think about the fuel injected engine they work the same way as the carbureted engine think old school these are all classic signs of the engine running too rich and the purpose of this sensor a just fuel automatically good luck I hope this to helps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals