• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pics of shackle flip and cut coil? For a 1/2 drop?

jbanderson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I can't find before and after pics of a shackle flip anywhere, I figure I could cut half a coil off the front for about 1" drop and do the shackle flip for 2" in the rear? It's a 97 reg can step side and I don't want it low I'd just like to get rid of a little fender gap and I need an alignment anyways so might as well do the almost free 1/2 drop.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
This was my old 97 ranger, had 1.5 coils cut in the front and a shackle flip in the rear. It didn't really drop it as much as I wanted, but then again I was running stock 14 inch steelies too.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I just when with shorter shackles on my 97. When I first installed them I didn't feel it lowered my truck enough in the back. Now that I've had more time to look at the truck I'm glad I didn't lower it anymore than I did. There is something about the shape of the flareside bed. The think it needs to be a bit higher in the back to look good . Here's a link to more information about the shackles.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146976

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals