• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

aftermarket radio resetting randomly

fred m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
12.5 cups
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hate aftermarket electronics. Hate them. I have a 2 or 3 year old JVC AM/FM/CD/Sirius head unit in my '02, a few months ago it started resetting occasionally when I start the truck, like it's lost power (i.e. losing my presets, flashing obnoxious demo colors at me at night). Started doing it a lot more often lately. Battery is fine, Fuses are good, every connection is solid. Checked that stuff 10 times now. I've wired dozens of stereos, including this one, and never had a problem like this before.

Any ideas? Or should I just toss the unit and try again...

If I end up replacing it, I'm getting a factory 6-CD changer and a standalone Sirius radio. I've drilled a hole in the roof and glued the SAT antenna down, so my Sirius isn't going anywhere

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
I used to spend a lot of money on sound in my other cars. When 10 yr old, a near thousand dollar system fried itself. After that $$$ lesson, I'll never spend more than $100 for sound any vehicle again.

If you don't have any loose connections or harnesses yes, just replace it

The JVC I have now was an opened box with the promise nothing was missing. $85 I was happy.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals