• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Interior lights blinking with right blinker??

noahkenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Hi guys, Have a 95 Ranger that when I bought it the interior lights would not go off. Turns out that problem was a stuck switch in the right door. Cleaned the switch and problems solved. Several weeks passed and now the right side blinker lights are on even with the switch off. You can pull fuse 27 which is the interior light fuse and they will go off but while driving when you turn on the right blinker the interior lights blink with the right blinker. It only happens with the right blinker. If you reinstall the interior light fuse then the right blinker lights stay on constantly and the right blinker does not work. The truck has not been wrecked. I have a factory wiring manual for this truck but cannot find any corrolation between the interior lights and the right blinker. I have searched the forums but have not came upon a solution. Any help would be apperciated.

djkommando

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86 ranger
Engine Size
306 HO
Transmission
Manual
the only thing i can say is check the grounds. that is what normally causes crazy problems.

noahkenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Problem solved. You were on the right track. This is my dads truck. A couple weeks ago he installed a push button switch on the drivers side kick panel to operate trailer brakes manually ( I know, he should use a trailer brake but he is too cheap.) After reading your reply I went to check the ground and as soon as I saw the kick panel with the push button switch bracket screwed into the kick panel using drywall screws a bell went off in my head. As soon as I backed out those screws, the problems fixed itself. I removed the kick panel and he had ran those screws through the wiring harness behind the panel. Its a wonder how it didnt screw up anything else. I went ahead and cleaned the ground, reinstalled the kick panel and relocated his switch. I am a heavy equipment mechanic, I figured it was gonna be something crazy like that. I was beginning to wonder if the GEM module wasnt responsible for it. Again, thanks for all your help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals