• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

corner LED questions from HELL

bassist21685

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b3000
Engine Size
3.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
so i have a 94' mazda b3000.
i have a push bumper, so the turn signals have been disconnected for awhile.
i would like to make my headlight corners(a two wire) into my turn signals(a three wire; and a smaller bulb)...:thefinger:

.. what do i need to make this happen? im pretty good when it comes to welding, fab or suspension, but wiring has alwasys been an entirely different beast....:icon_cheers:

i need help!:headbang:

Crane

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
This may not be what you want to do, but if it was my truck, I would be temped to just run the wiring from the turn signals up to the corner lights, then enlarge the hole for the bulb in the corner marker, and put the turn signal bulb in there, instead of splicing into the wiring.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
There's a corner light mod that might work for you. It's somewhere on the site and includes the wiring diagram. Someone else might remember where it is.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
simple, cut the power wire on your corner light, and jumper the turn signal power to the lights.

if you don't cut it your taillights will blink dimly when they aren't supposed to.

i would recommend finding a way to run a 3 wire type to the corners. its illegal to not have park lights up front if the factory wiring had them.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
simple, cut the power wire on your corner light, and jumper the turn signal power to the lights.

if you don't cut it your taillights will blink dimly when they aren't supposed to.

i would recommend finding a way to run a 3 wire type to the corners. its illegal to not have park lights up front if the factory wiring had them.
Wrong on cutting power to the corner. If you cut the +12V constant, you have no running lights.

Cut the ground in the corner lamp, butt splice a jumper to the +12V pulse from the headlight assembly using a 'T' tap on the +12V pulse side. If you want to fix the 180* out of phase issue (one is on while the other is off), you can do the 3 wire setup or get a dual filament bulb for the application.

I just did this mod myself.

Last edited:

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i think i was thinking of gen 2's lol.. whoops

bassist21685

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b3000
Engine Size
3.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
There's a corner light mod that might work for you. It's somewhere on the site and includes the wiring diagram. Someone else might remember where it is.
really?! i cant find it! :(
..anyone? lol

Wrong on cutting power to the corner. If you cut the +12V constant, you have no running lights.

Cut the ground in the corner lamp, butt splice a jumper to the +12V pulse from the headlight assembly using a 'T' tap on the +12V pulse side. If you want to fix the 180* out of phase issue (one is on while the other is off), you can do the 3 wire setup or get a dual filament bulb for the application.

I just did this mod myself.
i read that and i get what you mean, but whats a t tap or pulse wire? im literally wiring impaired lol

bassist21685

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b3000
Engine Size
3.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
in all honestly; with 94' mazdas, the turn signals were down in the stock bumper, now that i have a push bumper the turn bulbs are just hanging there, semi tucked up and i really dont care about legality with "parking lights"(they are useless!)... id like to cut the "parking lights" out completely and just make the side markers my turn signals. this seems more practical and if i were concerned with legality, i would not have an non-dot-cert engine cage, coilovers or a push bumper.

i just want to know how to convert the three wire to a two, or visa versa

Last edited:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
T Tap Connector

Since you are not worried about parking lights, cut the power to your corners, butt splice a jumper wire to your +12V pulse, turn signal pulse, with a T Tap connector.

bassist21685

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b3000
Engine Size
3.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
T Tap Connector

Since you are not worried about parking lights, cut the power to your corners, butt splice a jumper wire to your +12V pulse, turn signal pulse, with a T Tap connector.
ill give it a try, thank you for your patience bro! :icon_cheers:

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Was thinking of doing the same type of thing, but I would like to keep my running lights.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Was thinking of doing the same type of thing, but I would like to keep my running lights.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals