• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Of course i had to mess with it

Beast4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
so here is my problem. i have a pair 6 inch pro comp stainless 130 watt llights. i tried replacing the switch because i was going to mount it in a different location on the dash. when i swapped out the switch literally unplug and plug in the new, only one of the lights turns on. i put the old switch back and same thing only one light comes on. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm thinking that if i rewire everything that might fix it but i don't know. I did check the bulb on the lamp that does not turn on and the filament is not broken.

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
check for continuity from the switch tot eh actual light or to check if its gettin power to the light

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic

Beast4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
thats what i'm thinking. i think the one light that doesn't turn on the wires somehow got messed up. all of the connections are still tight and connected. i'm just gonna dive in an look i think

Crane

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Do the lights have separate fuses? When I was mounting my Hellas, I was putting the switch in the cab after making sure they worked, and somewhere along the way, after i got the switch inside the cab, but before it was mounted in the dash, the lights wouldn't work. I checked the fuses, and one of the power fuses went out. Don't know how it happened, but it did, so just make sure you check those first.

Beast4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
sorry for taking so long to reply, but i have checked all of the fuses and all are good. i'm planning on getting to it this weekend and double checking that all of the connections are still tight and secure. most likely i think that i got a wire loose

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals