• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone have any fancy lighting inside or outside their truck?

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
not looking for offroad lights or auxillary driving lights... more so looking for "show lights"... the ones that increase the "cool factor"

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i have LEDs in my dome light that are bright as hell. led bulbs in the third brake light but thats not really showy.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
is there a way to get the LED's in the stock gen 1 dome light.. or do you have to swap it from another vehicle or buy the assembly?

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic
heres what mine used to be. WStreetglow on all 4 sides and a blue Led in both headlights. theres also strobes in the turn signals but there not on in the pick.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i like the underbody lights.. alot. wasn't sure if it would look stupid on a truck or not.. i just like it for show.

got a link for that?

also, i checked out superbrightleds.com...

they have really reasonable prices, i'm looking for some LEDs to go underneath my dash like generalxlee. anybody know if red would look good in my interior? i have a red interior already....also what's the difference between warm and cool white?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
warm light is a yellower light while cool white has a blueish tint to it. i have the cool white ones in my dome light and my license plate bulbs and am really happy with it. especially in the plate bulbs.
http://superbrightleds.com/compcool_warm.htm
thanks i like the cool white... it's a cleaner color to me.

any suggestions for the lights going underneath my dash to shine on the floor of my cab off of superbrightleds.com?

also, any LED driving lights that I can somehow mount in a gen 1 grill? or do you think that lights in the grill would look stupid?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
underdash lights? i have no idea what you could use. hopefully someone who has done it will chime in cause i may do that one day

as for driving lights in the grill there really arent many options. illegal to have blue or red in the grill when driving (in oklahoma anyway). i too have been looking for some way to fuel my LED addiction. kinda running out of options though

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

my hvac controls are blue too, those are all blue led's to replace the gauge lighting, and i also used white led's for all of the indicator lights

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
my hvac controls are blue too, those are all blue led's to replace the gauge lighting, and i also used white led's for all of the indicator lights
are the codes for my dash bulbs in the tech library? i wouldn't mind replacing all those, as some of mine are out. and just to get a brighter glow.

the film is green... but i wouldn't mind having red glow, how can i achieve this?

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
buy from http://www.superbrightleds.com
as far as i know all of the dash illum. lights and dash indicator lights are #194 miniature Wedge type bulbs.

ive seen a user take the gauges with the green film and add blue LED 194's inplace of origional ones and the effect was blue not a combination of blue/green.

and if your looking to remove the green film in the gauge's its not possible as the green is infused with the plastic gauge prints (right in the middle if i remember)

i called superbright LED's and they suggested WLED-XHP5 @ $5.95 ea. (this has a 360 deg. spread) as the closest replacement for a 194 incondescent bulb, however i opted for the
WLED-x5 @$2.99 ea. (this has a 120 deg. spread)

personally i think a bulb with all high flux LED's will be way to bright and hard on your eyes, but you will be able to dim your lights still... and the difference in price is almost 2x....

i shuld have myne in by the start of next week and ill post with pics when its done =]

Last edited:

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
are the codes for my dash bulbs in the tech library? i wouldn't mind replacing all those, as some of mine are out. and just to get a brighter glow.

the film is green... but i wouldn't mind having red glow, how can i achieve this?
they are 194's, i just ordered a bunch of single led's in a 194 base, they are all over ebay for cheap. i used blue ones and didnt bother modifying the cluster in any other way. if you were doing red though, i dont think they would come out very good. in a 1st gen cluster, there isnt really a "film" its actually little green domes that surround each light. im sitting here looking at a spare cluster and it looks like you should be able to take those pieces off. i would test it without taking those things out of the cluster first though...

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
ah! good note on the gen 1 cluster, i dissasembled my gen 3 cluster when i installed the new gauge prints and found it was a film. im curious about other clusters now! lol

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
okay well it will be a while because i have a hard time simply just moving around, I sprained my MCL at football practice yesterday..

anyway, so the green part is a dome that surrounds where the light goes? ya i should be able to take that off if so...

still worried about if it will be too bright with nothing to absorb some of the light's energy... at least it will be red light and thus lower energy haha.

still gonna look for some tips/tricks/suggestions from people.

the main reason i want to go with red, is because i have a red interior. white would look fine though too i think.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals