• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need a good engine rebuilder (or replacer) in the Denver metro area...

ascdesigns

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi - Anyone know of a trustworthy engine mechanic that they've used? I live near downtown Denver and would like to bring my Ranger in to have the engine overhauled or replaced.

Thanks!

Al

cmequestionu

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~10
Tire Size
I am in the same area and would like to know as well. Just out of curiosity what is wrong with the engine?.

ascdesigns

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey, are you Eric? I think I recognize your truck there... If so, I'm the guy who bought your chrome skidplate.

My dilemma is that I've had a knocking in the truck for a while and it's gotten worse. Initially, I thought it was just the lifters, pushrods or rockers. I could do those if needed. As the noise had become progressively louder/worse, speculation from somewhat (or seemingly) knowledgeable folks in my 'hood have suggested it's a main, connecting or wrist pin bearing going out. They are all speculations of course so I'm looking for a pro-mechanic specializing in Fords to give me the final determination as to whether I keep this thing or not.

Incidentally, I've found a place in Broomfield called Stang Auto Tech that's gotten very good reviews minus the few that always seem to exist. They started with Mustangs but now service everything with a comprehensive (albeit not-inexpensive) diagnostic set. On the phone, the service rep asked me everything I've done/checked thus far. I guess we'll see what they come up with this Friday.

This is close to the last straw for my Ranger. I really like the truck but if it needs a new engine I may be getting rid of it, especially if the repairs cost as much or more than I paid for it :sad:

- Al

cmequestionu

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~10
Tire Size
Yup I am the guy you bought the skid plate off of. That sucks about your engine. I dont know what to tell you but I know that if you describe the issue detailed enough there is someone here that can give you a better idea of what you are looking at. Good luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals