• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater Valve Vacuum line?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Pretty much that's it. There is a New Thread option there and you can post it up with a suitable heading (like A/C complete install (no Troubleshooting) or something similar so you don't get 500 more people asking you questions about the how to's. Once it's posted you can still edit it if you back out and see something wrong.

Your format was already pretty close and you may just need to number the steps and make sure the appropriate images are attached. I clicked on one of your images and it popped right up so there shouldn't be a link error.

The whole process is easy enough once you get the hang of how it works...and I doubt that will be a problem for you...or anyone for that matter.

When I created mine (only one has been used so far) I did it in Wordpad (under Accessories in Windows...not sure if Macs have a similar prog) and did most of the editing once it was pasted in.

If there are errors or omissions in the process someone might let you know, but mostly you will just get kudos for a great writeup.

I checked the thread tools on your post here but could not see how to flag the post yet...still working on that...I will contact one of the moderators to let them know it is posted if I can't find the other way to bring it to their attention.

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Done Mark... hope I did it well. Thats my first Tech Article here at TRS.
Hope its helpfull.

Im doing the oem fog lights installation in a couple of weeks. Actualy, on monday mornig Ill be driving to Argentina (may sound exotic for you, but for me its just less than 10 miles drive) to get the fog lights bumper valance. I can do another tech article if you wish.

Also Mark, get a Mac :D. I bought an iMac last year and hell, OSX is insane. There in the US these are waaay cheaper than here!
Im not returning to Windows, NEVER!!!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yes, I did see it already and posted a comment. Great job...even better than the one you linked to...I think, anyway!

Also found out the "flagging" process is to e-mail admin@therangerstation.com but I also posted a site problem question to see if there was, at some time, a different way of doing this. Either way, I hope to draw attention to this...they are usually pretty quick about things but sometimes life gets in the way...as I'm sure you know.

I once dated a woman from Chile so that's as exotic as it could get. I see you're signature listing you as being from Uruguay...cool~, well, now that you're air conditioning is in it will be cooler...but you are now officially the farthest south member that I know of...we have a guy from Honduras on here from time to time...but I think you're farther south than RSH (his name was Ranger Sport Honduras, or RSH)...

Macs...well, I do actually have one, a Macbook Pro something or other...it was given to my by a customer/friend two years ago and I have used it twice...I am a computer wanna-be geek so I know my way around both platforms...but I was raised on Windows and DOS...I do like OS X but my version is an earlier (Snow Leopard or something) and needs upgrading...I thought upgrades were free on them but that changed with OS X....I worked in tech support and we had to learn all Mac OS back to 7.5 or something that was chipped in stone by cavemen...but it worked...until another upgrade was added...:)

EDIT: As for a fog light article...I think they have one already but yours might be different and worth the effort. If you want to see what they do have, check out the Tech Articles on the main page of the website. It's a really extensive tech library (used to be called the Library) and many articles are by the owner James Oaks...undeniably one of the best for Ranger information

Last edited:

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
In FRF theres a brazilian guy, but I am still the farthest south member!

About the fog lights, again, I could only find partial how-tos and 3 different kind of wiring setups, but nothing concrete with schemmes and photos.
Ive got the bumper valance, fog lights brackets and still have to do the wiring and the fog lights itself.

Ill post another submition if you think this would be helpfull.

Chile girls are nice, but argentinian are better ;)

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
All I can say about the fog lights is...build it and they will come. Haha...an old saying...but true. My articles were on things that are not exactly common things like the blow-by collector that I was using because my 2.3 was blowing so much oil out and I was trying to find a work around...it needed a new motor but my contraption managed to extend the life of it by a year or so...good to have when you can't really afford to or can't find a suitable motor.

At one point I thought I had it working and was going well but the filters I was using to help screen the oil out of the air were not suitable for this application and they clogged up causing other problems...

There is always someone on here asking about how to do lights like I mentioned...check the Tech Articles to see what's in there if anything and even if there is and you have one it might be used...different ways of doing the same thing are always good to know...and I particularly like to have more than one way to do something whenever possible because it can be the difference between being able to do something or not sometimes.

I'm pretty sure I gave you some rep for this too...but check to make sure there is a green dot beside it...for some reason a few people gave me negative rep by mistake and that can happen...but I try to make sure the o I approve option is selected.

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ill take a deep look at the tech library, and make a how to for the fog lamps when i get all the hardware. Today I recieved the oem brackets for the lamps, I cant belive the masive steel on them. Trully Ford Tough!!!!

Also, love your signature!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals