• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One Mean C10....

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
been working on Nasty for a couple hours each day this week. This is what we got done. Decided to change the interior to copper and install my bucket seats and console.

First thing I did was fill all the holes for the multiple different mirrors the truck has had over its life

Then I mounted my new mirrors. 69 Camaro mirrors. Love them

Then it was on to the interior again... I wanted to address all the holes in the doors.

filled all the holes

I thought I had more pictures, but i don't. I did weld in new metal for the speaker holes, and began sanding all the imperfections out of the doors. Before welding up the holes, I cleaned out all the gunk in the bottom of the door. Also pulled the covers off my seats and sent them to the dry cleaners. Going to dye the fabric black.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I have that mirror on my 70 F100 my rearview only was not legal in Ky, sadly.

Love the truck. Wish I had money to go through my C30 flatbed like that but I spent it all on the ford and my Hudson Nash Metropolitan build.

Can you copper spoon the floorboard rust or is it too extensive and needs patches?

On my F100 I under coated the floors inside and under. Also I had my bed line X'd inside and completely underneath... No more bed rust, ever!

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks frank. It needs to be cut out and patched. I have the patch panels, just waiting on dad to have the time to help get them in.

As far as the mirrors not being legal in ky... What do you mean?

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/Mirror_Laws_by_State_(U.S.)

Kentucky law says I have to have two mirrors... I shaved my mirrors and was only running a rearview. Yeah, it's legal in Illinois and Tennessee but not KY.

On a side note I traded my C30 a couple hours ago for a 85 C10 100 dollars and some tools. It's a nicer truck and has AC but they really needed the flat bed beast.

Last edited:

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Noted. I'll have the other mirror on the other side, just new stuff ya learn

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
simple, put up two rear view mirrors, that way legally you have two mirrors. :)

Robert

posted with a side-burn and a mutton chop.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
looks like i need to update this a bit... Here are some more pics.

Looks like I forgot to take pictures of some of the work...

Here is what the doors look like now

all the holes have been filled, and the speaker holes were filled as well. We used left over sheet metal to fill the holes, then used a little fiberglass to smooth everything out. The doors are about ready for a coat of primer. We are going to change the door pins and the window regulator before paint

The outside of the truck is pretty much done for now. I am putting firebird marker lights in, so until those get here, its just a waiting game. The only real bodywork left to do on the outside of the truck is mold in those light bezels, and line up the passenger fender.

The dash is basically done as well. Everything has been sanded, we have a little final priming to do, followed by some blocking and it will be ready for some color

And this is where I ended. Windows are out, new windshield will go in, and a solid 1 piece window out back. Found a little rot in the windshield channel so dad is going to take care of that this week. Hopefully be able to mess with it some more in the upcoming weeks.

I went out there today and got the windshield channel all sanded and ready for primer. The rear sliding glass window leaked (evidently for a very long time) and caused a couple rust spots in the rear window channel. Probably won't be back out there until this weekend to mess with it. I am working on the Ranger and the Jeep

Also got the electric fan issue worked out. We traced the wiring all the way back to the computer, and everything was working good. The faulty switch was the temperature sensor something or another. The radiator does have 2 pin holes in it, and it being a 4 core, I am going to try and have it repaired rather than replaced.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals