• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

18 lbs of boost + nitrous

clunkerclub

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
so im pondering throwing a 35 - 50 shot of nitrous on my 2.3T motor is fresh rebuilt all forged just pondering the idea, I have a nitrous express kit wet shot fogger and a set of 35 hp jets laying around , I know I know just turn up the boost but it would be nice just for that quick snap to get through a muddy spot or up a nasty little hill im running a 87 ranger 87 tc 2.3T 5.0 injectors , front mount intercooler , stock ihi turbo big VAM hense cant really turn up the boost without a different turbo than the ihi, just curious what you guys think on the subject:yahoo::headbang:

Attachments

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
have you gapped the rings?

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nitrous is a temptation, but it's a motor killer. It doesn't blow away the heat. I wouldn't use it at all.

Unless I was a dentist.

clunkerclub

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Nitrous is a temptation, but it's a motor killer. It doesn't blow away the heat. I wouldn't use it at all.

Unless I was a dentist.
nitrous does loose some heat when it burns it releases nitrogen and helps cool the combustion im thinking about a 35hp shot something small and it will be a wet shot not dry

clunkerclub

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
have you gapped the rings?
I did gap the wrings when I installed the pistons and rings but im at work and my notes are at home on what I set the gap to

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
stock 5.0 injectors are not enough for even a stock 2.3t (19lb vs 30-35lb injectors)

cbr600rx7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 360ci, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I have ussed a dry shot pre MAF on a turbo LS1 before. Nothing crazy just a small 50 shot as a anti lag tool and my 1.6 60 time reflected it. Nitrous works very well with turbochargers however you may want to invest in a boost sensitive switch that cuts power to the activation switch when boost hits a certain point. At full boost with nitrous your over all compression will be much higher so keep that in mind. if you are running a dry shot the injectors and MAF will need to support the extra load.

WiscoRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have ussed a dry shot pre MAF on a turbo LS1 before. Nothing crazy just a small 50 shot as a anti lag tool and my 1.6 60 time reflected it. Nitrous works very well with turbochargers however you may want to invest in a boost sensitive switch that cuts power to the activation switch when boost hits a certain point. At full boost with nitrous your over all compression will be much higher so keep that in mind. if you are running a dry shot the injectors and MAF will need to support the extra load.
This. That 35 shot will be a bit more than a 35 shit due to the charged air. Nitrous is not a motor killer. Tune ups are. Make sure it has enough fuel, and no sense on spraying a whole pass. Shut it down once the car has momentum

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals