• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 cologne "turbo technics twin turbo"

dave2575

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
"BIGGER HAMMER!"
Found this setup on ebay... www.ebay.com/itm/ford-2-9-cologne-v6-twin-turbo-technics-kit-car-project-/181248127443?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a333af1d3
I thought to myself "Hmm... exactly how much fabrication to squeeze those 2 turbos into my 88 Ranger 4X4? Or is it simply just impossible?" I think the later question is the most likely answer, Right? Has any one seen one or heard of this being done? I know it would have to have custom manifolds to move the turbos forward and upward to clear the brake booster and the frame rails, and those custom manifolds would probably C0$T more than the whole project. But It would definitely have that wow factor. :-}

Last edited:

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
You could make it work. But I think that kit would be for the uk car soar or scorpio. And if you got a make your own header kit. You could make it work

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
looks like a merkur scorpio, stegomon. ive got a scorpio intake sitting on the shelf right now, same exact thing.

not sure how much boost id wanna put to a 2.9, the heads are fragile enough as it is. a small, single turbo would be plenty for like 6-8lbs and spool quickly. if you were hell bent on boosting a 2.9, id go with a single turbo.

Strieg

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wonder if turbo technics is still around and makes those turbos...

research required!

dave2575

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
"BIGGER HAMMER!"
Kunar its out of a Ford Sierra (UK) its 2.9 engine is setup allot like the Scorpio's. But the sierra had the optional "twin turbo 2.9" or the "twin turbo 2.9 Cosworth". That's the one I want to find >:-] or else I will have to change tactics and go with this type of setup...
DSCF0068-1.jpg :beer:=:icon_twisted:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals