• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Driveshaft Vibrations

dschmitt5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey all,

I was looking for alitttle bit of gudiance on this issue. Acouple weeks ago i narrowed my problem down. My driveshaft has internal splines on on the back end of the shaft. Then there is a short piece with external splines that is connected to the rear pig by ujoints and four 12mm bolts. The splines our worn and there is def some slack between internal/external splines. I took this apart and greased the hell out of the internal splines with some super heavy grease. The grease was like tar. I put it back together and it seemed to work for about 3000 miles. The vibrations went away. Now its back and is driving me nuts. The vibration is only there when u push the clutch in to coast or lift off the gas while on the highway. My question is, do they make a single solid shaft for for a 1994 ford ranger 2.3 4x4 single cab 5 speed. If so where can i find one. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals