• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LED dash bulbs and hvac install

parson2008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i want to go with blue led's, but where can i order them and how do i do the hvac bulb?

parson2008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and how is it possible to do all outside lights in led?

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
hvac bulb is accessed by removing the radio surround, then removing the hvac control panel screws. The bulb is in the back of the panel. Red lights may get you in trouble with the law. Exterior reds may be illegal in your area.

Search the net for "194 led lights"

Sorry, just re-read the question. Just get the same exterior bulb lights you have now, and plug them in. Be careful of the color. Specific light colors (red, blue, or yellow) may be illegal in your area.

Last edited:

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
superbrightleds.com i think is the site for those. good luck with your install.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've gotten all my led lights from superbrightleds.com. I've replaced the third brake light bulbs, license plate bulbs, brake light bulbs, and all the dome lights. You just want to be sure and get whatever color bulb that the lens is. red tail lights = red led, clear lens = white led, etc. etc. If you are wanting to do turn signals you will need to get a load resistor though so it doesnt flash super fast. Blue works great though in the dash and hvac. Legal wise, you will be fine. Just not exterior blue and red in the back only.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can vouch for superbrightleds.com and autolumination.com

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I've gotten all my led lights from superbrightleds.com. I've replaced the third brake light bulbs, license plate bulbs, brake light bulbs, and all the dome lights. You just want to be sure and get whatever color bulb that the lens is. red tail lights = red led, clear lens = white led, etc. etc. If you are wanting to do turn signals you will need to get a load resistor though so it doesnt flash super fast. Blue works great though in the dash and hvac. Legal wise, you will be fine. Just not exterior blue and red in the back only.
He can also use the turn signal they sell that is designed to work with LED change outs.It just connects directly into your old flasher relay!.I had the fast flash and their turn signal flasher worked perfectly. I just changed all mine out.The part number for the flasher is EP27L on www.superbrightleds.com . I live 10 minutes from em so I avoid shipping lol.Got my stuff 2 hours after ordering. :icon_hornsup:

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
He can also use the turn signal they sell that is designed to work with LED change outs.It just connects directly into your old flasher relay!.I had the fast flash and their turn signal flasher worked perfectly. I just changed all mine out.The part number for the flasher is EP27L on www.superbrightleds.com . I live 10 minutes from em so I avoid shipping lol.Got my stuff 2 hours after ordering. :icon_hornsup:
I saw that on their site for the first time a couple weeks ago. Im not thinking about changing my turn signals.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals