• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Guinea Pig

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Sweet! Hopefully you like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet! Hopefully you like it!
Bummer. F250 deal fell through. I didn't get a lot of work the last few weeks and couldn't come up with the $$.

But waiting on a deal for an Explorer parts truck. Today maybe? :popcorn:

Edit 4:10PM. Guy edits ad before getting back to me. Edit - now doesn't include wheels and interior is moldy from sitting for a few years. SMH.

Last edited:

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
waiting on a deal for an Explorer parts truck. Today maybe?
Edit 4:10PM. Guy edits ad before getting back to me. Edit - now doesn't include wheels and interior is moldy from sitting for a few years.SMH.
I have a tentative deal on a 91 Explorer Sport. It runs, but the 5 speed is blown. I need to see it in daylight to evaluate it better. Not sure if its better to replace trans and interior or part into the guinea pig or B II yet.
Also have to get this past a gf expecting jewelry for Xmas..... (in short I may be dead by morning.) :dunno:

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, some details: Black 91 Sploder Sport (2 door), seller claims 3" lift with a 3" body lift. Has extended radius arms with proper mounting brackets (unlike the last one I had.) Supposed to be a Detroit locker in back with stock 3.73 ratios. Has warn hubs on front and includes a spare new warn hub with it.
Has been sitting a while - the interior stinks of mold. Ran decent once started though.
I can't see fixing it, and neither could the seller. I see it as a way to get the 93 pickup converted to 4wd fairly easily. Not how I wanted it but what the hell. I wasn't exactly making great progress getting the D44 under it either.
There are some Mickey Duck things about it but nothing I can't work out.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Its tomorrow, and you're not dead. Did you tell the gf, or escape with your life?

SVT

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't told her yet. I need a 'get out of jail free' card or something first.

Its worse now. She said this morning that after tonight shes off work till almost Xmas. Its going to be harder to get this past her. :bawling:
Edit. I was wrong. Shes working this weekend. :yahoo:

Another edit (12.13.14). I have to go visit my dad on Vancouver Island. My brother messaged me that hes not doing too well. Hes in a home with dementia already and isn't expected to last much longer.
The guy with the Sploder messaged me back finally that he found the reggie for it but that has to wait. Family first.

Last edited:

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Talked a bit with the Explorers PO tonight. Wanted to know what was in it for lift and stuff. Most of the suspension is from a James Duff 3" kit he had on a Ranger previous to the Sploder but added a 1" spacer. Radius arms are Skyjacker, shocks are Rancho RS5000's he thinks are junk. Rear is the factory springs with an AAL and goofy long shackles.
I hope to pick up this thing this weekend or so.
Maybe take pix of it tomorrow.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Damn sorry to hear about your dad! Almost lost my dad two years ago. He had a tumor in the back of his neck. It fused C1-C4 vertebrae together and was slowly pinching his spinal cord off. He passed out one day, fell face first into the ground. He hit so hard it cracked his skull behind his left ear. He had 3 blood vessels burst in his brain. He was in a coma for a week. He couldn't remember any of the kids for a month, it took him 4 months to learn how to walk again and now he's able to get around like normal but his memory is shot. They cut the back of his C1-4 out and installed a stainless cage to support his head.
It's hard to have your parent not be who they were your whole life. They might remember you one day but then the next they don't.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Man, I got to where they've moved him and couldn't believe how frail he is. I live some distance away and my brother kind of looks after him now. Hes on oxygen, can't move, couldn't even turn his head to see me and my gf (for the 1st time.) They feed and bathe him in exactly that spot. Its like hes a prisoner inside his body. Maria moved his call button to where he could reach it and he pushed it but no one came. He just laid there hardly breathing.
He isn't going to last much longer.
Dad and me might have had a crappy relationship most of my life but hes always been there and been healthy. Its awful to see a loved one wasting away. And hes only 71, way to young to go.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Seller wants the Exploder out of his yard so it comes home today. Pix to follow.
(EDIT) Oh what fun... I can't get one of the jackstands out from under the truck, his are taller than my damned jack. My camera has fawked up ("memory card error") and won't take pictures. I don't want to mess with it all night as I haven't bought a damn thing for the gf for Christmas yet and I'm pretty broke. The clock is ticking though.
This isn't a great time to have another POS show up in her yard. Maybe I can put him off a little longer...

Last edited:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Damn sorry to hear that about your old man bud!

Is your gf gonna flip out? Lol

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Got the Sploder here last night. Its not as bad as I thought having only looked at it at night before. Theres more goodies on it than I'd noticed before.
Anyways, here are the overdue pix:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Warn manual hubs and a manual trans? You might need to build that up!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals