• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

easing into my soon to be long build

83tonka4by4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
traded my 95 tbird for this ranger couple weeks ago its an 83 longbed 4x4 :D one of the owners before me has done a 6 cyl swap to it the intake manifold says its a 2.8 but in good time i am gonna make it a 302 carbed

but to all please keep in mind im 19 yrs old have not been thru any schooling yet but in my opinion best way to learn is to dig in and **** shit up :icon_cheers: im going to wyotech in june and my first steps to this truck are just to get it running good where i can relax and drive to school not worry about it breakin down. so the work i do may not be the best but im tryin so be easy lol

it is lifted already but the lift job is just a crappy home slap together contraption so soon i will be doing real lift kits on it body and suspension i will get pix of that up so yall can laugh at it like me and everyone else who has seen it this lift will make you to a one of these :icon_surprised: WTF!!! :icon_rofl:

electrical in the truck was just hands down no doubt about it FUGLY!!! so at the moment and past 3 days now i been gutting the full interior and fixing that tryin to go for a clean look least amount of wire as possible and delete ac

gonna swap out the dash to a 91 mustang dash im sure u guys will hate on that but i like way different and i like that dash better also im taking out the bench and putting in black mustang bucket seats and in the middle gonna put a sub for an arm rest type deal. got a cb thats going in it with all the wiring

then onto a carb rebuild the carb run a tune up get rid of the dumb exhaust look into why it breaks up bad at 3 grand little work like that

next step i will be fixin up the cab corners and floors i hope or at least just the floor a bit until i go to school.

once i consider it reliable i will then start doing some small appearance mods like the roll bar, front bar, lookin to change the steps on it cuz one they hooked em up to the floor and 2 i want the full bars. and i can tell the front been hit on the driver side so i am gonna look into fixin that a bit

so thats kinda just a few places im goin with this thing so be on the look out by tonite im hoping to at least have all the wires ran and then i will be getting pix up for ya guys before and after shots and just the all the set ups it came with if you are interested rite on if you have any advise tips or thoughts my ears are open let me hear it

thanx for lookin

83tonka4by4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
like i said pix are coming and after further inspection of the cab its shot so ima b replacing that b4 i even finish the wiring

83tonka4by4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
still no camera unfortunatally but since i last checked in i have painted my truck flat black re ran some wires, installed a 91 mustang dash and 79 mustang bucket seats painted the inside of the rims black and rite now im working on patching some spots in the floor hoping to get some pix

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
A man after my own heart! Keep us posted!

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Dude I wanna see this 91 mustang dash swap you did!!!!!!

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
dude we definetally need pics of the dash, that sounds sick

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That sounds sick!!

83tonka4by4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
GOT A JOB! ok got a steady income now so camera is on my shopping list so i will def. get you guys some pix i didn't realize how many people would have interest in it. and believe it or not the mustang dash almost fits right in like it belongs there. i have been a little busy so still working on some of the wiring that goes with the dash like moving the head light switch the hazards and the dimmer switch. i have hoping to get a welder here soon to fix the what i cut out of the floor and fire wall. o yea that reminds me a little bit on the redneck side but was in a jam needed metal so i "acquired" a few street signs which is actually gonna work well. also working on fixing the core support not too. gonna run some 2x3 square tube filled wit cement threw it. also maybe having to change location of the build since my dad came home from iraq on R&R and maybe thinking about pulling the plug on the build but i have been talkin to him its like a 40-45 percent chance he will pull the plug. or i will just move it till he goes back because my mom doesn't care she loves the truck. lol i got a few more ideas on some more metal fab i want to do before i go off to school but i will keep you all posted for sure.

feed back and tips are always a plus tell me what you think

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
If you do pull the plug, get pics of that dash swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals