• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 4.0 Ranger blew vacuum line

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys was wondering if someone could help me, just started my Ranger and pow! Blew a vacuum hose that connects on the manifold, however I can't find the line that blew off :/ so besides having a huge vacuum leak was wondering if someone could help me find if there is a hose that was connected to it or if it was just plugged. Attached a photo it's the nipple that directly faces the driver cab

Can't upload picture from phone right now something about I don't have the correct security token... Will upload as soon as I get to my laptop.

Thank you

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys was wondering if someone could help me, just started my Ranger and pow! Blew a vacuum hose that connects on the manifold, however I can't find the line that blew off :/ so besides having a huge vacuum leak was wondering if someone could help me find if there is a hose that was connected to it or if it was just plugged. Attached a photo it's the nipple that directly faces the driver cab

Can't upload picture from phone right now something about I don't have the correct security token... Will upload as soon as I get to my laptop.

Thank you[/QUOTE

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Um, I think I'd be more worried about the implications of a VACUUM line (you know vacuum) BLOWING off (you know, pressure).

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
^^true statement. Still need to find out what was on there first, if anything and go from there I would assume.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
That happens to me on occasion when I let off the starter too fast. (Think starter engaging but not making even one cylinder move enough to fire correctly.)

The best way to find out is to see if everything that needs vacuum is connected.

Last edited:

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I checked everywhere couldn't find anything... Even down behind the engine to see if the hose blew back. There are a lot of vacuum lines but everything looks to be in tack. Hopefully someone with a 4.0 could take a looksie just to verify.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I think the word you wanted was "intact".

Nick998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If your trucks an auto that looks to me where the vacuum modulator hooks up... If your trucks not an auto just plug it.. At least that's how it's set up on my truck.

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If your trucks an auto that looks to me where the vacuum modulator hooks up... If your trucks not an auto just plug it.. At least that's how it's set up on my truck.
Yes it's an auto. Can you send me a picture of where that line runs and connects into? Thanks a lot Nick

Nick998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Actually I just looked on my truck and that port is blocked off on mine but when I changed engines I did get rid of the vacuum line that does over to the air box

Nick998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I can see in your picture your vacuum modulator for the tranny is hooked up.. I would say just plug it and see what happens... I'm pretty sure its just an extra port

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals