• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Photobucket Fix & Alternatives...

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've been using chrome for the last couple of weeks. The add on works for me? Didn't have any problems on my end.
Firefox has been a problem tho, it seems to have a conflict with something on my computer. The fans spin up and things are laggy A.F. I look in task manager and resource monitor but don't see what would be the problem, but I'm also self-taught on computers and don't really know what I'm looking at. Right now the cpu is at 13% average for FF, and I've seen it as high as 30%. I don't know what's normal. I'm using an Asus k53ta laptop with 8 gigs ram and W8. I'd much prefer FF because privacy concerns...I hope the new one due out soon fixes the problems.
Another thought that just crossed my mind is there may be bit-coin miners co-opting one or more sites I use. Just read about this exploit but don't know how to find out if that's the case. It would explain the heavy cpu usage

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
Try booting up in safe mode both with & without networking.

Now go into task manager & note what you see running & the ram you're using.

You should still be able to boot up Firefox but without networking you won't connect to your internet supplier.

Bitcoin miners? ........how did you get involved with that?

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'll try that ^^^.
I'm not involved with bitcoin. It's probably too late for a small player unless you have free electricity. Just read about a way that someone can use your browser to mine bitcoin. It has both up and downside; down is if you don't know about it, up is if you agree in order to help support your website instead of using ad revenue. The ad sales companies probably won't like this development.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
The other day mu CPU started running at nearly 100% for long stretches on certain applications. It got so bad I thought it was an overheat issue so I opened it up and discovered about a year's worth of dust in my fan...toothbrush and vacuum cleaner fixed that and now the fan runs quiet and my cpu is down to normal...:)

My problem with Chrome I think is that it is no longer upgradeable in XP...I need to upgrade the OS and I've been waiting for some medical travel money to come through but they've been dragging their feet...

Has anyone tried Ubuntu or other non Windows/Mac OS with this? I happen to have a spare HDD that I've been considering putting in and loading that to see how that works out...

Might post a question in the Computer section below...

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
I'll try that ^^^.
I didn't ask.....with *8* are you running the *classic* start menu or are you using the default *Metro* that 8 normally opens with?

something else you can look into to while the pc is running in it's regular mode....... see what's running in the background..

msconfig

bring up the *run* command, (assuming that you have *run* visible in your Start menu...

open run and type in *msconfig* ..press ok... look in the *startup* tab of the system Configuration window to see what's running in the background. If there is anything in there that you don't want running shut it/them down.

Often *junk* gets installed and that program will config itself to auto start every time when the computer boots up.

Last edited:

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
near the end of URL insert ~original between jpg and [/img

,,,,.jpg~original[/img]

pull up an image that won't display, edit post to add ~original to string

Last edited:

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Is there any reason not to use the "address" of pics on my facebook account to "link" (right word?) to posts here?

Like this:

Right click on image > Copy Image Location > paste to my post here.

Last edited by a moderator:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is there any reason not to use the "address" of pics on my facebook account to "link" (right word?) to posts here?

Like this:

Right click on image > Copy Image Location > paste to my post here.
It seems to work fine. I can't see any reason why not.
EDIT; Not permanent pic

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Flickr is messing themselves up somewhat now.

Free accounts will soon be limited to 1,000 photos or videos. Flickr isn’t Flickr without the contributions and participation of our free members, and we remain committed to a vibrant free offering.

If you are a free member with more than 1,000 photos or videos, you will have ample time to upgrade to Pro (for 30% off your first year) or download your photos and videos.* Read more about this decision.
https://blog.flickr.net/en/2018/11/01/changing-flickr-free-accounts-1000-photos/

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals