• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newbie with 95 b2300 problems

Mgeiger1513

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Hey there I'm a newbie, I've been reading this forum now for about a month now I have found it very informative. I just changed plugs, wires, cleaned throttle body, removed air muffler, & baffle, and installed new air filter. Afterwards truck ran great, like a new truck. However the next day it started stalling when throttled. Like it was choking down. I've checked everything I thought I might've disturbed with no luck. Any ideas?

Mgeiger1513

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
On the phone I can't see your truck specs. That would help ....maybe.
Checked all vacuum lines?
Checked all electrical connections? They can be dry and hard to tell if connected properly.

Mgeiger1513

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
It's a 95 mazda B2300. The rpms are also fluctuating when I first start the engine, between 1000 & 1500.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
with the fluctuation in rpms, i would try cleaning the mass air flow sensor.

i would replace the fuel filter, there cheap enough and often is the problem. ive had a few vehicles where the fuel filter after about a year gets clogged, the vehicle will start and idle fine, but will not move at all. its under the drive side door on the frame rail.

i would make sure the plug wires are in all the way, they should click on and you should be able to push/pull on them as if they were locked into a socket (which they are)

does the 2.3 have a fuel pressure regulator? the one on my 4.0 was full of black gunk when i pulled it off and it gave me odd fuel related problems. might want to check that.

Mgeiger1513

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
I've checked wires and cables they are all good. I also have a fuel filter that I have not put on yet, does it take a special tool. I ain't sure about the fuel pressure regulator. I'll have to do some searching on that.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i know ive worked on a 97 ranger and it had the special tool required. its like 7 bucks for a pack of 2-3, there circluar, and its a spring loaded design. on my 94 it just has the plastic locking clips, i put a screw driver in it and pry it apart. release the fuel pressure before doing so tho. i always close my eyes while wearing safety glasses tho.

the fuel pressure regulator should be on the passenger side of the intake manifold. look up a picture on google to get an idea of what your looking for. if you pull it off and the line on the engine smells like gas its bad i guess. mine was all clogged up with soot and black gunk so i replaced it.

Mgeiger1513

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
i know ive worked on a 97 ranger and it had the special tool required. its like 7 bucks for a pack of 2-3, there circluar, and its a spring loaded design. on my 94 it just has the plastic locking clips, i put a screw driver in it and pry it apart. release the fuel pressure before doing so tho. i always close my eyes while wearing safety glasses tho.

the fuel pressure regulator should be on the passenger side of the intake manifold. look up a picture on google to get an idea of what your looking for. if you pull it off and the line on the engine smells like gas its bad i guess. mine was all clogged up with soot and black gunk so i replaced it.
Thanks for your help. I'll let you know the outcome as soon as I get a chance to work on it. Thanks again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals