• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help with codes, and how to fix

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
18c Loss of tachometer input/IDM circuit failure/ Spout circuit grounded.

95c Fuel pump secondary circuit failure

I have also checked the fuel pressure which reads 30-32 at idle, when giving it gas it jumps up to 35. Secondly, I checked the timing again, and the base timing was correct. When I pulled up the spout, I watched to see if it was advancing, and it was.

I get a rough idle at operating temperatures, and it hesitates at a stop to go. Lastly, I have no power at higher speeds or on hills.

Thanks for the timely responses,
Ross Wood

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Truck died on me three times today, came home had no pressure.

It is speaking of code 95.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
How old are your plugs and wires and when was the PCV valve changed. Allways start with preventive maint, change the PCV with spark plugs if you dont know how old the plug wires are just replace them so you do know. Clean all the electrical connectors with electrical cleaner and put together with dielectric grease. Sand all grounds you can find metal to metal and inspec all wires especially around the exhaust manifolds for cracks, broken or bare wires, fix as necessary. Be thorough and somtimes it will cure a fault.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Be sure and clean the connector on the ECM and make sure all the pins are pilled out on the computer. Also look close at the wire comnnector that all the female pins are clean and in place. You can take a jewelers screwdriver and push them in from the backside after you put them together on all the connectors.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
pulled out sorry.

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just bought a relay to "rule out", getting more pressure, now it holds at 35, and maxes at 40. I tried to recreate the issue with no luck.

I checked the power at the relay and the inertia switch and both are good. I need to find a few diagrams to check further into the system.

raggadie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
One last question. Does the cam shaft/PCM(computer) control the feed for the fuel pump?

It acts like a fuel pump, but I have to drop the tank to check the voltage. Then, I need to know if that is what is causing the issue. For instance, if I lose voltage is (which I don't think I am), why am I losing it? From my understanding the computer/cam/and fuel pump are are interlinked by electronics. Is this true?

Also, reason leads me to think it is the pump because it will work fine till it is over worked. The relay is good, the inertia switch works, and I will get good pressure once the pump is given the rest. Still haven't checked the voltage though. I will do that tonight. None the less, I ruled out everything else (once voltage is checked) unless something else is turning it off.

Thanks for any replies,
Ross Wood

sjr53

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I believe that a loss of the tach signal thru the TFI will cause the fuel pump relay to turn off after 2 to 3 seconds.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals