• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lifting 94 ford ranger, need some help

eric17mx

i was thinking of buying the rough country 4 inch lift with 33's but the more i look at only 4 inches of lift in some picks, the 33's look way to big. anyone with some decent pics of 4 inchs of lift with 33's and 31's

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
When I had my '97 (same body style as your '94) I ran 6" of lift with 33's. I don't like the tires to look too big for the fenders. I like a little room to flex without cutting the fenders.

Here is a couple pictures.

eric17mx

dam man thats a nice truck, im definatly going with a 6 inch lift and 33's, looks exactly how i want it to, how was performance and mileage with stock gears? i think they are 3.73 right? also im looking at a extended radius arm lift, is it really gonna help flex more or is a cheaper lift fine? i dont plan on beating my truck to death but want it more capable then stock, one more thing what lifts will make it sit level and not the nose down and how do i go about the camber issue? stock bushings or on one lift i seen i beleive a tuff country it said at the axel pivots there is some kind of camber bolt? would the stock bushings work with that? thanks for any and all help, sorry for the run on sentences lol.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I agree with the 6" inch lift and 33X12.5's. Looks just right in my opinion. Here is my truck, 1994 4.0 5 speed with 6" skyjacker suspension lift and firestone destination M/T.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
if you plan to wheel much, the extended arms are really worth it....they do allow the front to flex way more than the stock ones

since you didn't post what truck ya have ( 4.0, super cab, etc....) can't tell ya if ya get nose down or not....the 4.0 SC are the heaviest, btw

if after the lift you are still nose down, you can get some coil spacers for the front to level it out...

and if ya go with a 6" lift, get the extreme pitman arm from Skyjacker, in fact, get the Skyjacker Class II lift with the extended arms ( considered the best TTB lift by the majority )

l8r, John

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I used to have a '94, I ran 4" drop brackets up front with 6" springs, because i had the 4.0L extended cab it sagged down to about 5" up front, in the rear, i ran explorer springs plus the ranger main leaf with the eyes cut off and belltech shackles, add some 33x12.5's and it was good to go. I LOVED that lift and tire combo. VERY capable, the 33's make a huge difference in capability over 31's.

eric17mx

Man all three of the ranger are badass trucks nice work guys, mines a 93 extended cab 4x4 btw, i wish i had 1600 for that class 2 skyjacker kit but hell thats almost hwat my trucks worth :(. How is your guys fuel mileage after lift and bigger tires?

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
Highway I get 450 km on a tank. In the city between 300 or 350.

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had stock gears (3.73's) with the 33's, driving like a total @$$ I managed to pull it down to 16ish. That was around town, lots of under 10 mile trips as well, Had I re-geared that number would have increased by several mpg.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
if youre going to bother regearing go with 4.56's.

fordbrian333

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
if you do the 4.10, or 4.56's say good bye to your highway milage, i have a 94 with a inch lift and 33x12.5 and your all right the 6 inch does look wayyyy better with teh 33's, as ffor rubbing when flexing and everything though ive havent had any problems..they only rub when landing (idk if you planned on jumping your truck)... if i had pics on the comp id put them up but im not exactly "computer savy" haha

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
if you do the 4.10, or 4.56's say good bye to your highway milage,
Huh??? 4.56 is perfect for the 4.0 with 33" tires

(I run 5.13s with 35s on my BII (2.9L) and it gets 22MPG easy on the highway).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals