• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'85 Ranger front brake upgrades for drag car

pokey

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351 Windsor = 408"
Transmission
Automatic
Still have the stock brakes on my 1985 pure drag Ranger and have used different brake pads but need to step up the front brake stopping action.

Thoughts please

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Might out a want add out for one of TeeRev's front Cobra conversion kits for early Rangers....I still have mine, so I'm sure there are others out there, or maybe something new developed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
95-97 beam swap with the factory Ranger twin piston calipers. I'm gathering parts for this swap myself. There is also a group of guys on Facebook that are making and selling caliper relocation brackets to mount up new Mustang GT500 calipers and rotors. In two different size options. Some require an 18" wheel.

There's also a Sport Trac rotor and caliper swap out there. Google all of the above for a few hours and you'll find plenty of reading.

GB :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals