• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rusted filler neck, 2000 replacement

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
2000 4x4, ex cab, stepside bed. filler neck rusted thru. Ford part XL5Z9034GB, replaced by XL5Z9034HB, about $371 thru local dealer.:icon_surprised:

purchased FNSF02-11 from fillernecksupply.com, part arrived in 2 days and cost about $63 including shipping.:icon_thumby: The actual part is marked FNF-02 and is made in Taiwan.

looks like a good part, I'll put it on this weekend and report back on how it goes.

Amazon has similar price, but free shipping to save a few bucks total.

Perry

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
The actual part is marked FNF-02 and is made in Taiwan.
Just a FYI,

I've discovered those imported filler neck hoses don't last more than a year or two before cracking (went through two of them already), the rubber is made from cheap materials.

If you wrap the entire exterior of the rubber hose with some high-quality electrical tape or some other wrap or sealer that will seal the rubber from being attacked by ozone pollutants in the air, it will last a lot longer.

I used Scotch "Super-88" tape on mine (overlapping the tape's width about halfway with each wrap), so far so good after 5 years now.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2000 4x4, ex cab, stepside bed. filler neck rusted thru. Ford part XL5Z9034GB, replaced by XL5Z9034HB, about $371 thru local dealer.:icon_surprised:

purchased FNSF02-11 from fillernecksupply.com, part arrived in 2 days and cost about $63 including shipping.:icon_thumby: The actual part is marked FNF-02 and is made in Taiwan.

looks like a good part, I'll put it on this weekend and report back on how it goes.

Amazon has similar price, but free shipping to save a few bucks total.

Perry
I just bought a filler neck for my 00 on evilbay for $35.03 free shipping and 10 year warranty

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Just a FYI,

I've discovered those imported filler neck hoses don't last more than a year or two before cracking (went through two of them already), the rubber is made from cheap materials.

If you wrap the entire exterior of the rubber hose with some high-quality electrical tape or some other wrap or sealer that will seal the rubber from being attacked by ozone pollutants in the air, it will last a lot longer.

I used Scotch "Super-88" tape on mine (overlapping the tape's width about halfway with each wrap), so far so good after 5 years now.

a 2000 uses a steel neck assembly about a foot long with 3/4 vent tube attached. there is only about 3" of rubber tube where the neck assembly and steel tube from the tank are coupled together.

I will have to reuse the existing ground strap, fiberglass fenders don't drain static very well.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
I just bought a filler neck for my 00 on evilbay for $35.03 free shipping and 10 year warranty

trying to make me feel bad?

won't work, the wiffie always has me in a bad mood.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
no but I always shop around to try to get the best deal I can. Kind of like I broke a fitting on top of the tank and everyone told me I had to buy the whole line. I did research and found the fitting and then looked for the tool to do it. Amazon had the tool for almost $200,the parts stores looked at me like I was searching for a unicorn. I found it online for $80. Just saying it doesn't hurt to shop around

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
with the stepside bed I had conflicting info on which was the correct one. some sites listed 11.6", others a 13.3" that "fits all". When I determined the correct Ford number, and what it was superseded by, the fillernecksupply site had a matching cross reference. Considering the Ford price was $371 I felt comfortable with what they charged.
I'm sure the difference at other sites is worth shopping around for, I just wanted the damned part.

I'll use more E-Moe-Geez so 'ya know I'm joking around :yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals