• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Back in the Ranger game...

Alberta 7.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi everybody,

Was a member here 10 years or so ago back when I had my '89 Gen II and '86 Gen I BII. Heck, I don't even remember what my username was way back then. Got into playing with Powerstroke fullsize trucks. Recently I got back to my roots. Picked up a '08 Ranger FX4.

Plan to do some mods to make it like it's F350 big brother. I started building a Autolamp setup that doesn't use the Explorer mirror, but will have a factory look/feel with a custom headlight switch. Slowly gathering parts to do EATC. Looking to find PTM mirror caps and eliminate the chrome ones. Probably will add the wiring and install the dome lamp with map lights.

Trying to find out what sort of secrets are possessed by the SJB. I have the Ford service manual, but it seems hard to find data and schematics of the SJB internal workings. I'm sure it has more functions than are used on the Ranger, Would love to add a wired keypad for RKE, I've added them on other Fords when I was able to find relevant wiring info. Trying to find out if newer Explorer Limited steering wheels/airbag work correctly on a Ranger, since I'd want to have the steering wheel audio/heater controls once EATC is installed.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS~! Nice looking Ranger...

Are you a computer geek too? You seem to have a fluidity with acronyms...lol...

Not sure what half of that post was about...got RKE right off the bat...like a baseball stat...but some of them I haven't seen or heard of...probably because I don't pay much attention to them anymore...but it is a good qualifier for anyone thinking of helping...if we don't know what the acronym stands for there is no way we are going to bother trying to help...:)

Might be a good dating strategy too....hmmmm....

Alberta 7.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
:icon_rofl:

Spend to much time on the computer, and in the Ford shop manuals.

Acronyms broken down:
EATC - Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (Electronic heater control)
PTM - Paint To Match
SJB - Smart Junction Box. That little fuse box from hell in the right kick panel.

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
WLCM! All those acronyms seem menopausal. Perhaps Mark could use them for dating...

Nice looking truck BTW.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals