• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

engine mounting woes!

PJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Can someone help me with an engine mounting issue. I have an 87 4x4 5spd 2.3. All is factory, but after some research the mounts appear to be the wrong ones. And worse, I am about to put a 2.3 turbo in, only to find the mount brackets are wrong or something. Left side bracket bolts to engine, right side will not line up. If anyone has any advice or pics, I could use all the help I can get.

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Take some pictures of what you're dealing with. If your truck was a factory 4cyl 4wd and the block you're using is a '94 & older one it should just bolt right in.

PJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Having trouble loading pics. The turbo 2.3 engine is an 87.
Facing engine. The right side bracket will not line up on the engine. I can't have them reversed. Because it is a 3 bolt mount. The left side is fine. I researched the Vin and it is a factory 4cyl, 5spd, 4x4. I will continue to try to post pics.

Last edited:

PJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
]Hello all. Back again. Got the engine in just to find another issue. Could anyone give some advice on oil pans. I now know why the original engine was shimmed up about 5/8 inch. The oil pan will literally sit on the frame on the drivers side. And the drain plug is a pain as well being located on the drivers side also. I have called dealerships only to get 3 part numbers to research. For once google is failing me. Any help and advice would be a great help. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2dwBrl2vKKPRDdhOURsZjRJZEU/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals