• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anti Lock Brakes Activating On Dry ground

sothunter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lately Ive Noticed When I make a Left Hand Turn and Apply my Brakes Like Pulling into a Parking Space My ABS is Kicking in On dry pavement! This Only happens when Im making a Left turn. Any one have any Clues to what might be causing This to Happen??? Please Help!

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my guess is that your left front ABS sensor is going bad. or your right front.

The ABS kicks on when it notices a wheel spinning a lot slower than the others while braking. When you turn left, the left front tire travels a lot less through the turn than the right front does.

The faulty sensor picks up the disparity and thinks that the LF wheel has locked and needs to be cycled. Not easy to say which sensor is bad.

The system is supposed to accommodate for that when vehicle speed is slow and the disparity is really wide, but if the sensor is going bad, it's anyone's guess as to whether the LF sensor is sending too high of a speed to the comp, or if the RF sensor is sending too low of a speed to the comp.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals