• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92/86 ranger

fordmandan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87/92/97/11
Make / Model
Ford×3/Freightl
Engine Size
/5.0/4.0/7.3/DD15
Transmission
Manual
Well i bought a 92 ford ranger last july.

it has a 2.9, fm146, electric bw1354 8.8/35 with 3.55 gears. it sat in a field for 6 months with limited off-road thrashing here and there. I put it on the road a month ago as a daily driver to replace my explorer (busted tranny again) . A week ago I found out that the frame was rotted/cracked pretty good at the rear of the front driverside spring hanger. that same day as i was driving out to my explorer to part it out some more i saw a ranger with the same wheelbase as mine. I turned around and took a look at the truck.

so i offered him 100 bucks for it and he said ok. (later i fond out it had a 2.9, a4ld, manual bw 1350 28/7.5 with 3.73 gears.) the next day i had the bed off of the frame.

the day after that i ramoved the cab

as of right now i have a total of 8 hours in to this project including tow to its current locality.

Now if your still with me my 92 body, engine, trans and transfercase will go in the 86 frame. my 94 explorer radiator and axles will go underneath it all with the addition of a rough country 4 in suspension lift. more pics to come as I do more

fordmandan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87/92/97/11
Make / Model
Ford×3/Freightl
Engine Size
/5.0/4.0/7.3/DD15
Transmission
Manual
has any body else swapped frames before

fordmandan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87/92/97/11
Make / Model
Ford×3/Freightl
Engine Size
/5.0/4.0/7.3/DD15
Transmission
Manual
more progress...

fordmandan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87/92/97/11
Make / Model
Ford×3/Freightl
Engine Size
/5.0/4.0/7.3/DD15
Transmission
Manual
update... this project has taken another turn. the 86 frame is going to be used as a template to fabricate all the neccessary brackets and what not for my sas endevor. after it is all fab'd up i can swap everything onto my cancer free 89 ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals