• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Onboard air and shocks with cab controls (slow internet connections beware)

Quartermile

DeeZee box, 2000 Ford Ranger, VIAIR Medium duty system, cab controls, easily removable. Here we go . . . day one:

Wiring plug that will be used for power and control wires

Hole for plug

Installed (temporary, going to install everything rough-in, then take apart later and sand/prime/paint

Simple angle iron to strengthen box

Switch panel

Quartermile

Day 2:
Pulled more wires from the cab to the engine compartment. Didnt get much done today

Quartermile

Day 3:
Used an angle grinder with a 1/4" wheel to notch out a piece of angle iron to hold relays that will mount on a bolt holding part of the ABS system onto a bracket.

Also got the wires pulled into the dash where the switches will be mounted.

Quartermile

Day 4: The real work begins
I got the box of goodies today and opened it like a little kid at Christmas :yahoo:

Then I did a little thinking and started piecing it together :icon_confused:
Pressure switch and gauge

Air and remote gauge output

Through box fitting (very jerry rigged :dunno: but it works pretty well

Remote gauge outlet (from inside)

Remote gauge outlet (from outside), above it is the power/signal connector, and to the far left is the air filter for the compressor

Solenoid drain, hose, and muffler

Current progress as of . . .well now its 2:35 AM Day 5

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lookin good.....nice clean work....

l8r, John

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It looks good.

You should put some kind of shelving in the box on the top of the tank, but leave the compressor open so it can get cool air. That will allow you to use the box for storage as well without having things riding up on your compressor or tank.

Quartermile

It looks good.

You should put some kind of shelving in the box on the top of the tank, but leave the compressor open so it can get cool air. That will allow you to use the box for storage as well without having things riding up on your compressor or tank.
I still have the sliding tray that came with the box. Its just not in right now because it was in the way

Quartermile

Day 5: Frustration and fittings
High visibility hose so it doesn't get lost or slammed in a tailgate

Drain assembly/solenoid drain

Low drain so the water runs out of the tank

Air out and remote gauge lines

Looked up around 1 AM and went . . .oh . . .what a mess. Cleaned up everything and called it a day

Current progress as of 1:54 AM Day 6 (I work 1:30 PM to 10:30 PM so don't worry, I'm not working THAT much on this)

Quartermile

Day 6: Pulled wires from bed to engine bay near battery. Used the hole in the front of the box to run the wires through since it was already there and near a hole in the frame that was already there. Made it a lot easier to route the wires.

Quartermile

There will be a fuse on both ends of the 10 AWG wire for no special reason, just want one at both ends.

Quartermile

Day 7
Hose and wires in bed with wires terminated

Relay center under hood, pulled a wire harness plug thing out and put a bolt in that holds all this up.

And installed . . . .

Lighted toggles

And installed . . .temporary psi gauge and switch mount . . .want it to run now, getting a little frustrated, so all that finishing touch work on the inside will wait now. Day 8 plans (if I work on it at all tomorrow) are to mount the box to 2x4's and wire everything up. Then I'll be done save for the psi gauge.
Day 7 progress as of 9 PM:

Quartermile

Day 8 . . . finished wiring, will post final pics when I have everything done. Only have the base left to do

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals