• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 91 Ranger the stRanger

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I feel like with the right measurements Jim could reproduce them with his decal machine. Not sure if that could be a cost savings or if he would be willing to though. Not sure how copyright works in that territory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I feel like with the right measurements Jim could reproduce them with his decal machine. Not sure if that could be a cost savings or if he would be willing to though. Not sure how copyright works in that territory

There are some solid color ones on eBay, but they don't look right. The factory ones are printed with a fade effect using small black dots.

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
Well photobucket has pretty much killed the two threads I have for my truck. Future posts will be on a different image hosting site as well as YouTube videos.

I am thinking of starting an entirely new thread, because I do not have the time to go back and fix all the broken pictures, thoughts?

RockRanger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I vote to keep adding them here so I don't have to subscribe to another thread.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Photobucket just put the last few nails in the coffin for forums

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Just keep everything here. If nothing else it saves you having to reproduce 94 pages of solid information thats just missing pix. Besides, if you find some of your pix (like on a hard drive or memory card) you can edit them back in. Probably easier for you and us.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I feel like they may reason out after no one pays. If they would've asked for $20 a year and no ads, I would've paid it in a heartbeat.

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
I vote to keep adding them here so I don't have to subscribe to another thread.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Heard!

Photobucket just put the last few nails in the coffin for forums

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yeah I am pretty saddened by the amount of tech and information destroyed at the click button when they did charge version.

Just keep everything here. If nothing else it saves you having to reproduce 94 pages of solid information thats just missing pix. Besides, if you find some of your pix (like on a hard drive or memory card) you can edit them back in. Probably easier for you and us.
I still have every single photo ever taken and put onto photobucket, but going back through 90+ pages and trying to figure out what each picture was and re-hosting it would be a nightmare.

I feel like they may reason out after no one pays. If they would've asked for $20 a year and no ads, I would've paid it in a heartbeat.

I do not think I would have paid for it at $10 per year. I get that they offer a service, and nothing is free, but the amount of ads on the site that people were bombarded with was crazy, they were making money for sure. And photobucket as a service the past few years has been mediocre at best and would have to improve on a multitude of levels before I give them any cash.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't tried it but I think if you click on it image it will bring you to Photobucket and you will be able to see it it just won't be third-party hosted. But I agree it will be a pain in the butt to go back and fix all the threads and fix the links to the pics. I can't begin to count the number pages I would have to fix
SVT

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well photobucket has pretty much killed the two threads I have for my truck. Future posts will be on a different image hosting site as well as YouTube videos.

I am thinking of starting an entirely new thread, because I do not have the time to go back and fix all the broken pictures, thoughts?
I have had that thought too. The thought of redoing an entire build thread is pretty daunting too...

For now I am just posting links to albums on Flikr and giving an approximate timeframe I was doing the major stuff so people can fish thru the thread I have and match up pics to what was going on.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I still have every single photo ever taken and put onto photobucket, but going back through 90+ pages and trying to figure out what each picture was and re-hosting it would be a nightmare.
I wouldn't expect you or anyone to do that. But adding in the important stuff as you feel like it would be the path of least resistance.
Either way, the choice is ultimately yours.

Last edited:

351RNGR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Grunizzle, new guy here.

I'm am slowly getting started on a 351W swap and was wondering if I could get some more info on the painless harness/ ecu setup you're running.

Did the harness start out as a 5.0/302 harness? I can find some factory harnesses for somewhat cheap, but the painless setup seems like the way to go. Only thing is, I have an 89 truck (speed density) motor, so I believe I would need a MAF conversion. Is this what you had to do to run the harness you have?

-Rob

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
Hey Grunizzle, new guy here.

I'm am slowly getting started on a 351W swap and was wondering if I could get some more info on the painless harness/ ecu setup you're running.

Did the harness start out as a 5.0/302 harness? I can find some factory harnesses for somewhat cheap, but the painless setup seems like the way to go. Only thing is, I have an 89 truck (speed density) motor, so I believe I would need a MAF conversion. Is this what you had to do to run the harness you have?

-Rob

The painless harness I have is a 302/5.0 harness. You can pull any 302 harness pretty much and covert your engine to maf. I had to convert from speed density as well and it was not difficult, you will have to get the ecu tuned for it. The chip and tuning will be the priciest part of the conversion. If you are not changing cam or heads on your motor just stay speed density

351RNGR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The painless harness I have is a 302/5.0 harness. You can pull any 302 harness pretty much and covert your engine to maf. I had to convert from speed density as well and it was not difficult, you will have to get the ecu tuned for it. The chip and tuning will be the priciest part of the conversion. If you are not changing cam or heads on your motor just stay speed density
Thanks. I found a good deal on a fox body harness so I have that on the way now. Since you had some tuning issues with that, I'm actually leaning towards the megasquirt PNP for a fox body. That would allow me to tune for the 351 and any future changes while also letting me keep the motor speed density for simplicity.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals