• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

long trip tow

Tractorman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Trrans cooler is already in the grill my radiator is an issue since its full of clay from mudding in tx either need to drop it and clean it or replace it the later will probably happen a dual row just sounds nicer.

Which brake controller did you go with and does uhual have car hualers that are setup like what you used to hual your car?
Uhaul trailers have hydrulic brakes that are activated by the tongue of the trailer compressing when the truck brakes are applied. And they suck.

My braker controller is junk compared to what I wanted. I would go with a Prodigy brake controller, which I would say is super popular, or run the Max Brake, which is $$ but sounds like it would work perfectly.

cdawall

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
is there any other companies i can rent an enclosed for a one way trip that wont suck like the uhual

TomB1269

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2005, & 2
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Size
3.0L/4.2L/5.4L3V
Transmission
Automatic
Just an FYI, A Caviler will not fit in a Uhaul Enclosed trailer........... As for the trans cooler, My factory cooler is a rapid cool or fined cooler like the radiator and is 10x more effecient then the loop tube coolers at cooling. Just clean it out wit a power washer.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have never been one for towing a trailer that weighed more than my tow vehicle. guess i've seen too many "tails wagging the dog" that gives me that real bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. but that's just me.

cdawall

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Just an FYI, A Caviler will not fit in a Uhaul Enclosed trailer........... As for the trans cooler, My factory cooler is a rapid cool or fined cooler like the radiator and is 10x more effecient then the loop tube coolers at cooling. Just clean it out wit a power washer.
spent a while trying to clean out the radiator i cant get inbetween the condensor/lower radiator.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The brakes that U-Hauls have are called surge brakes. They seem to work fine to me. Since the driver can't manually apply them from the tow vehicle, I don't they are strictly legal. But they are very powerful and reliable.

Redjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 and 2008
Make / Model
dodge
Transmission
Manual
The brakes that U-Hauls have are called surge brakes. They seem to work fine to me. Since the driver can't manually apply them from the tow vehicle, I don't they are strictly legal. But they are very powerful and reliable.
That is what they are call thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals