• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is there a dome light switch in '99 XL???

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
I B Dumb:dunno:... in my 1999 4x4 XL Supercab, everything is un-fancy: hand-cranked windows, reach-outside hand-adjusted door mirrors, manual seat sliders, etc... and the only way I can illuminate the dome light is to OPEN A DOOR, lol!

Yes, I've searched "dome light" threads, and my dome light is not as fancy as those pictured. It has no switch on or near it. No map lights either.

There IS a detent at the bright end of the dashboard lights dimmer roller switch, but that doesn't turn it on either.

What is the "D'OH!!" element I'm missing here? :icon_twisted:

Melt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
the dash dimmer switch should turn it on, not sure why yours isnt working.

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Thanks. Any idea how tough to replace that switch? Maybe it's just a loose wire...

Melt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
i have no idea, ive only had my truck for a couple of days .... have you ventured over to ranger-forums.com? that board is a little more active than this one, im there too same screen name.

hihoslvr

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'04
Make / Model
F.O.R.D.
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey that dang dome light pisses me off too. I had a toyota b4, and it had a 3-way switch: on-off-and door. I posted about how to turn it off, wicked_sludge who is a Ford Tech told me Rangers don't have on off switch. My fix was to just take the bulb out, and I keep a maglight in the glove for map reading.
Oh, whoops, but you wanna know how to turn it on? hmm, mine has dial that adjusts the interior gauge lights, and I think if you turn that all the way up it'll turn the dome on too.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals