• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 hitch on 1993

yonu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
/ford
Transmission
Manual
question I picked up a hidden hitch for a 2000 ranger the other day for my 93 as I got it for $25. The problem is I have been unable to get even 1 hole to line up to drill the other holes in the frame is it safe to trim the hitch mounting brackets to make them line up or should it actually fit without changes other than adding holes to the truck frame?

Thanks,
yonu

yonu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
/ford
Transmission
Manual
also on a side note what is the difference in the rear frame rails on a 93 and a 2000?

Thanks,
Yonu

TomB1269

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2005, & 2
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Size
3.0L/4.2L/5.4L3V
Transmission
Automatic
Modifing the hitch is always risky, particulalrly if you are not welding it in. It sounds as if the 2000 is not even close. New should be down near $100 and you cna probalbly pull on from a yard for a lot less. Cheap here can get you, your passengers and incent drivers around you hurt if not killed. Do the job right with the right parts........

yonu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
/ford
Transmission
Manual
well I had actually planed on welding it in but i have always added the bolts in if they are available I was hoping someone else had done this before

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
There should not be a difference. I got my receiver hitch from a bone yard off of a 99 ranger & it bolted right into my 94 Ranger. To my knowledge & what ive heard is that from 83-current the frame rails stayed the same width. The exploreres have a wider frame in the rear.

yonu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
/ford
Transmission
Manual
i have it mounted how i ended up having to take the bumper off to line it up then drill the holes that were not in the frame in was all

GingerKid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can you get me some pictures of how it's mounted? I trying to mount an 09 hitch to my 95 but it seems like the shackle bolts are getting in the way.

yonu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
/ford
Transmission
Manual
sure I will try to get them taken today

yonu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
/ford
Transmission
Manual
ok here is the first pic

this is the right side and as you can see I only have one of the bolts installed into the side of the frame I will be waiting on the top one unstill i change out my leaf springs so that i can get to the hole with a drill
The bolt that is installed used the existing hole in the fram the way I got both sides in was I lined up the one side and put a bolt in then i when to the toer side and placed a small flat bar between the hitch and the frame and worked it til it lined up to put that bolt in.

The nice shinny bolt is the bottom of the hitch this hole didn't exist on my frame so I had to drill it. As a side note because i know someone will say something the bumper mounts only had one bolt in them on each side when i brought the truck

Hope this helps if you need more pics let me know

GingerKid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it looks like part of my problem may be that my shackle bolts are backwards from what yours are. I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the help.

yonu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
/ford
Transmission
Manual
glad I was able to help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals