• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Video Game Rangers...

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I play this game called "Rigs of Rods", a free work in progress game with cool physics. BLOODBANE also plays. I'm building 2 2nd gen rangers right now, one has TTB the other has a solid axle.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dont care who you are, thats freaking cool!

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
that is cool.

i have an f-150 skin on grand theft auto - san andreas that ive been modifying the handling file of....in an attempt to make a rock crawler. it does alright, but i think the game engine is geared more towards speed as there isnt as much suspension travel and traction as i'd like.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where can i get this game?? Looks frickin sweet

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
that is cool.

i have an f-150 skin on grand theft auto - san andreas that ive been modifying the handling file of....in an attempt to make a rock crawler. it does alright, but i think the game engine is geared more towards speed as there isnt as much suspension travel and traction as i'd like.
Rigs of rods has a much better engine for crawling, articulation, ect. And it's free.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I downloaded it but havent gotten the chance to play it yet. Where do i get those rigs you designed hahns?

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
These are the still a work in progress, i just started them friday night. You can pick up other rigs at the repo on rigsofrods.blogspot.com and check the forums for other igs being built (including mine). The only other good rig I've made (well modified the original version) was the sterlingcrawler2.0, you can search for it there. These rangers are my first scratch built rigs.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I haven't play RoR, yet, (tried to install it and it didn't like that idea too much..) but I play a game called Insane (or 1nsane, how ever you want to spell it) and I made a Ranger for that game (well, two actually). I made one of my Ranger which is a 93 4wd ext cab, and then another of the 02 Mazda b2300 regular cab, that we had a while ago. I like it becuase you can make a car and see how it would look lifted and what not. It isn't easy at all, just takes quite a bit of practice, but once you get the whole process down, it isn't that hard, just ALOT of steps.

One that somebody else made:

My 93 Ranger

And my 02 B2300

As you can see, my two clearly are not finished.

I might have to look into RoR and making cars for it one of these days. it looks liek a really fun game

Robin Hood

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Looks kinda cool, but I'd prefer better graphics scenery wise. And all the trucks look a bit boxy. But since its a privately developed game, its sick. Especially the rangers.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I haven't play RoR, yet, (tried to install it and it didn't like that idea too much..) but I play a game called Insane (or 1nsane, how ever you want to spell it) and I made a Ranger for that game (well, two actually). I made one of my Ranger which is a 93 4wd ext cab, and then another of the 02 Mazda b2300 regular cab, that we had a while ago. I like it becuase you can make a car and see how it would look lifted and what not. It isn't easy at all, just takes quite a bit of practice, but once you get the whole process down, it isn't that hard, just ALOT of steps.

One that somebody else made:

My 93 Ranger

And my 02 B2300

As you can see, my two clearly are not finished.

I might have to look into RoR and making cars for it one of these days. it looks liek a really fun game
I tried 1nsane, I just couldnt stand the physics it looks nice though.

Looks kinda cool, but I'd prefer better graphics scenery wise. And all the trucks look a bit boxy. But since its a privately developed game, its sick. Especially the rangers.
Once you get past the boxyness and start driving these rigs you'll see this game has an awesome physics engine.

Heres a couple progress pics.

Last edited:

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hahns, you have a link to the zip files for both of those? And I cant figure out how to mod or build my own truck.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If it is anything like the game I was building for, you have to make a 3D model, and then do all kinds of crap to it, then move it to the right folder so the game can read it. But, I don't know if this game is anything like that or not.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
If it is anything like the game I was building for, you have to make a 3D model, and then do all kinds of crap to it, then move it to the right folder so the game can read it. But, I don't know if this game is anything like that or not.
Not really, all you do is open up the file with the editor and add/move nodes and beams. Everything is made from nodes and beams. All beams connect to nodes which act like ball sockets, so to prevent some things from collapsing you must triangulate, and other things like radius arms the ball joint act like heims joints. The details like the TTB beams, hi lift, ect are meshes which are actual 3d meshes made in a separate program and are added to the trucks by binding them to nodes. I'd suggest reading the Wiki at the RoR site, it has a lot of tutorials.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
being installed right now :thumbs_up:, cant wait to try it out, and 1nsane, what one do you guys think is better/easier ?
lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals