• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front brake line routing

chrisser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The PO redid the brake lines on our 87 4x4.

The line running from the passenger side to the MC basically just arcs under the middle of the engine near where the block mates to the trans. It's not hooked up to anything and isn't bent to really fit anywhere. It just hangs.

I worry about it getting caught on something and ripped off and it just looks stupid.

Would like to redo the line the way Ford did it, but I can't find any evidence of where it used to run. I'm going to be replacing the front radiator support starting tomorrow and that might make it easier to run the line, depending where it's supposed to go.

Anyone know how Ford did it? Did it run across the front by the radiator support, or go under the engine following the crossmember? Somewhere else?

Edit: IIRC, it may not run all the way to the MC, but to a distribution block on the driver side. Either way, I need to know how to get it from the driver side to the passenger side...

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
If I remember right, it follows the channel in the engine cross member. On one edge, there should be a few holes that hold plastic clips. The plastic clips hold the line in place.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

jhammel85

Ditto. I can vouch for that. If you really get stuck I can take pics for you. Just pm me so I can get them to you asap. Sometimes I miss responses to threads.

chrisser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys.

Just occured to me - I could go to the junkyard and see how the lines are routed, and I can also pick up any clips/fasteners/etc.

But it helps to know the line didn't go through the rad crossmember. I can work on that without having to worry about the brake line.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals