• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

"Back in the day" Old fart rants.

Mike Tonon

Aha! A pissing contest that has spilled over from The Sanctuary. :D (Saw where this originated) A perfect example of one of many reasons why I will not call myself a Christian in spite of the fact that I have read the Holy Bible as many times as any of you. Jesus is THE most misunderstood teacher of all time; what a shame. He's brilliant. I'll never let religion interfere with my relationship with God. God and I are tight; in fact he's here right now as usual. Ignorance is the only evil I know of, and who has the audacity to claim to know God's will? Not I, but I do my best and he likes that. Proceed.:popcorn:
:icon_thumby: I think you got it. God is not a religion.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
:yahoo:and we have yet another opinion:yahoo:
i
I love when a plan comes together..:icon_bounceblue:

MT, it's your turn..

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Never attribute to malice things that are better explained by stupidity.
:popcorn: Not a rant, but still entertaining. :popcorn:

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Never attribute to malice things that are better explained by stupidity.
:icon_thumby: I think you got it. God is not a religion.
Is that what this "debate" is about? Interpretation of scripture? I don't understand why details are such an obstacle amongst folks who are supposed to be playing for the same team. (Religion, politics, everything) We're like a crowd of people trapped inside a burning building arguing about what color bucket will put out the fire instead of just grabbing our buckets and putting it out.

grumpyguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If you represent something with zeal you are bound to attract people to the good word, take to step off the rails and your a zealot. Somewhere in between your gonna turn everybody off that your trying minister too.

Some of the posts I've read in the sanctuary would send me running....Name calling, arguing, pissing matches....

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
When I was about 10 years old ,[ that would be 57 years ago] my grandpa told me never discus religion or politics[argue] because you'll never convince whoever your arguing er..discussing the issue with. And to this day that rings true.
It's fine for everyone to have his or her opinion and belief if you can discus it rationally thats fine , but MOST of the time it ends up in a pissing match
IE: read the Sanctuary on this forum and look at the middle east..

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Mark my words, Jesus Christ is God and I'm just a fool like the rest of you.
Mark your words? A little play on worms there...lol

Is that what this "debate" is about? Interpretation of scripture? I don't understand why details are such an obstacle amongst folks who are supposed to be playing for the same team. (Religion, politics, everything) We're like a crowd of people trapped inside a burning building arguing about what color bucket will put out the fire instead of just grabbing our buckets and putting it out.
Hmmmm...good analogy...and I say we all just toss some water on this fire or say pi$$ on it...ooops...

As long as the buckets are red I'm not arguing...

The_Epsicle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Pushrod V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
All hail the mighty ziptie!
We're like a crowd of people trapped inside a burning building arguing about what color bucket will put out the fire instead of just grabbing our buckets and putting it out.
So that's what the ice bucket challenge was about...

grumpyguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Wow, this thread sure went off the rails....This board back in the day(years before the domain name troll temporarily stole the TRS name from Mr. Oaks) used to be "THE" place for all thing RBV. Now....religious bickering. I have been our religion all my life and the message about your fellow man was to love all for who they are. Be tolerant and accepting as well. Here I see bickering, name calling by allegedly religious people. Way to turn people off of RBV's and the almighty.:icon_thumby:

Mike Tonon

Wow, this thread sure went off the rails....This board back in the day(years before the domain name troll temporarily stole the TRS name from Mr. Oaks) used to be "THE" place for all thing RBV. Now....religious bickering. I have been our religion all my life and the message about your fellow man was to love all for who they are. Be tolerant and accepting as well. Here I see bickering, name calling by allegedly religious people. Way to turn people off of RBV's and the almighty.:icon_thumby:
Good point, religion is silly, Jesus Christ is God, not religion. Let God be God. Lets stop thinking we have to do works and imposing them on other people. And sorry if I've brought offense.

Moving on.. I just bought a circa early 80's?? Craftsman 6500 tool box, one of them like medium sized hand-helds. The thing isn't mint, but very clean. Is it just me or do the 80's and prior tool boxes seem stronger than the 90's-present?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Moving on.. I just bought a circa early 80's?? Craftsman 6500 tool box, one of them like medium sized hand-helds. The thing isn't mint, but very clean. Is it just me or do the 80's and prior tool boxes seem stronger than the 90's-present?
I wonder if it's that the good ones last and the crap is recycled. You can still get good toolboxes now but you have to look harder and pay for the quality. I found a BNIB westward 6 drawer tool chest on kijiji for $80.00. It was a heavy box, the metal was definately heavy guage, comparable to my 70's vintage snapon tool cabinet that I picked up for $100.00. The westward normally goes for $225.00 online. I'm still looking for a toolbox similar to the one Mike posted in another thread for a more portable solution at the track.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
It's not always like that...and there was a brief disagreement...Most times the Sanctuary is quiet and peaceful as we sit in solitary or communal prayer and read the words of the Almighty and the teachings of Jesus. What just happened actually used to happen quite often on the other threads.

There were regular bannings and closed threads where members were discussing religion or, better, politics. I've even been involved in a few of them...talk about smoking sections or vaccinations and it could get interesting.

I think I haven't been on any discussion board that hasn't erupted in a flame war...but the flame wars are quickly put out on TRS because we finally decided it would be red buckets...or was it blue buckets and red hats?

Good point, religion is silly, Jesus Christ is God, not religion. Let God be God. Lets stop thinking we have to do works and imposing them on other people. And sorry if I've brought offense.

That picture you posted...I have one almost the same but probably even older than that...my father passed away in 2000 (he was the first Y2K casualty...not really...) and left his tools and stuff for us to take as we wanted. His tool box, probably the second one he owned in 55 years or so...was in good shape so I snagged that for myself. It was a bit rusty on the bottom so I sanded it down, painted it black...and put my "rarely if ever" tools in it...that means I rarely use them...if ever!

One of the things I found was an oil can spout...the kind we used to puncture the cans with...that meant you only want to put in the whole thing all at once or have a nice dust-free place to store it until it was used up.

I found this image on-line...

http://www.thegaragegazette.com/index.php?topic=13834.0

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals