• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Belltech 6400 Shackle

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
Hello Everyone,

I have been getting ready to do some work on my truck now that the warmer weather is coming. Doing the pre key mod on the front, extended shocks if needed, and planning on a small lift in the rear. I had originally thought of getting a set of 2.5 inch factory blocks, but then have been considering the shackles. The reviews say that it may soften the ride a little bit, which I am all for. From what I have found I know that using the bottom hole on the shackle should get me about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of lift.

My question is: Can I use the second hole from the bottom, and about how much lift will that get me?

Thanks in advance

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Probably about 3/4" less lift if I had to guess... I think the holes are about 1.5" apart which would roughly be split in half for the difference (I say roughly because the rear of the spring is slightly longer than the front)

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if memory serves me you only get 1/2 the amount of lift that the shackles are in length?

i got 2 inches out of my 6400's and they were quite a bit longer than stock shackles.

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
Thanks guys,

The shackles came in last week and i did a quick measure, the first hole is 1.5 inches longer than the stock shackles, so that 3/4 inch lift is most likely what i will get. I will start a little write up of my plans once the weather breaks and i can start working outside more often.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals