• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New (kinda) from North Alabama

Mirage775

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey yall, name's Jason and I've been in north Alabama all my life. My current truck is a Grabber Blue 2003 Supercab Edge 4x4, loaded, 4.0, 5 speed. I've had 2 Rangers and a bunch of S10's throughout my life. They're my 2 favorite little trucks! My first Ranger was an Black 04 Supercab Edge 2wd, 3.0, auto.

Found this site not long after I bought my truck and I've used a lot from the tech sections already! It would barely start up, but after a new fuel pump, that took care of that! I did a tune-up and she ran so much better!

I bought my 03 a couple years ago, it was a completely stock, Sonic Blue Edge 4x4.

I first did the front seat mod, (made bench into buckets) and added a console from an Explorer. Couple weeks later, I added a Explorer Overhead Console w/temp & compass, along with lighted sunvisors. A few months after that, I bought some new 5 straight spoke 16" OEM wheels and added 4 new 265/75 Cooper A/T's!

Found a neat bedcover, that I've never seen before. It's made by Fold-A-Cover. Found it locally for $90. Brand new, they're about $1100!

Drove it like that for a while, until last Summer, I updated the front end and mirrors to a 2011. Loved the new Grabber Blue on the Mustangs, so I painted it that color!

I had a slight metal to metal scrubbing noise in 1st, 3rd and 5th and nobody around hear knew why... A few weeks ago, I found the tech article about the shift rail plug mod. I removed my rubber mat, and popped out my old rubber plugs. Cleaned and re-siliconed them back up. Pushed them back in my trans and let them sure overnight. Topped off my tranny fluid and took it for a drive. Absolutely zero noise after this mod! It's been 2 weeks today and I've had no noise since I did the mod.

Next on the list, is the Mustang Rear Brake conversion and the Explorer/Ranger Rear Sway Bar Upgrade! Picked up at my local LKQ today!

I'm definitely not finished with it.

Attachments

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Howdy Jason and welcome to TRS~!

Nice colour...the one on the right I'd imagine is the new colour...but I like both of those so I'd be happy.

I had a 1984 Skoda (don't ask...lol) and it was nearly the same colour as the one on the right...loved that little car when it wasn't costing me a fortune or acting as a conversation piece with tow truck drivers...but I traded up to a Ford after that and never looked back.

Sounds like you have plenty of experience so feel free to post and advise if you have the urge...otherwise...enjoy!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals