• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Triangle type vent window R&R

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Is the rear defrost stock or did you add it? Been thinking of adding rear defrost in my ranger

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Its stock on my 88 B2 EB. Just need to get it repaired, PO ripped the contacts off and there are a few spots in the grid that are damaged as well. I bought a repair kit, going to give that a try here soon.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Looks worse than it really is, got it all cleaned up disenfected and a bandage put on it wrapped with tape, such a weird location that just a bandage alone wouldn't stay on. Scared the hell out of the guys in the office though LOL went in bleeding all over the place.

Kind of a crappy weekend its been raining off and on, got the part swapped out, got a carb for a friend and measured the window. just got back in the truck and it started pouring down rain/hailing so headed back home. Want to get over on a nice day that I'm not limited for time and weather and mess with one of those vent windows to see if I can get them out easily, plus take pictures of the rear wiper setup and try and get a rear wiper motor out for my B2. I need to repair the rear defrost grid on my B2 as well, I have a kit but I've never done it before so that should be interesting.
I repaired my Tempo rear defrost with one of those kits...it worked...but looked like crap...

If the kit comes with a template...use it...otherwise...I hope you have a steady hand...:icon_rofl:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I repaired my Tempo rear defrost with one of those kits...it worked...but looked like crap...

If the kit comes with a template...use it...otherwise...I hope you have a steady hand...:icon_rofl:
I had a 93 tempo. I miss that car, wasn't a sports car but it got great gas mileage and was good for trips.

Yep it has a template. Otherwise yeah umm I wouldn't even attempt it LOL. The PO pulled the contact tabs off the window so got to get them stuck back on, then a few spots in the heater grid are bad as well so I'll be fixing those. The kit supposedly comes with everything needed to repair the contact tabs and the grid.

I know there are other kits out there to actually install a rear defrost so if I can't get the repairs to work I'll look into a replacement kit. Next up will be repairing the rear wiper. Not sure if its a motor or switch. Looks like its not too hard to remove the motor. Once I get those 2 things done I should be pretty well set. I drive it to work almost every day and occasionally a few trips out of town. Does fine, but I do need to overhaul the engine as the rings are worn, as it burns oil and smokes.

Going to try and get back to the pick a part and see if I can get those vent windows out so I have an extra set of those. Not sure I'd want to try removing the back side windows though and wouldn't know where to store them to keep them from getting broke, otherwise I'd see about removing them as well.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
On my 89 Tempo I had the rear windows tinted and after about ten years the tint started to bubble so I tried to remove it...had to use a razor on some areas and managed to break the lines in a few places. Me being who I am didn't bother with the template and did it freehand...with limited success...lol

I thought about the entire kits too but managed to get it working and just ignored how bad it looked...flipped up the mirror on the night setting and hardly noticed a thing...

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Doesn't look too difficult just extremely time consuming to repair all the damaged grid sections. Hopefully I can get that done here soon, supposed to rain again this weekend :(.

Looks like I need to replace the fan clutch. Engine temp goes up and the fan never engages seems like its always free spinning regardless of temps. I've got a new radiator and thermostat ready to go too as soon as the weather starts cooperating. I'll do the fan clutch while I have the radiator out of the way.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
If I remember right, the vent window and frame contain part of the window track itself and it comes out as an assembly. I have several of them stored away for spares, already lost one to a gravel road. They are not terribly difficult to remove.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
If I remember right, the vent window and frame contain part of the window track itself and it comes out as an assembly. I have several of them stored away for spares, already lost one to a gravel road. They are not terribly difficult to remove.
Thanks. Going to try and get back over to the pick a part before all the parts are gone and see what else I can grab. Its 2 years older than my 88 B2, but same model, and same color. If it weren't such a pain I would have pulled the rear hatch off it as it has the separate opening glass portion rather than just the 1 piece lift gate.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals